TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

December delivery accuracy

Discussion in 'Model X: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by TheBoyWhoYawns, Nov 20, 2019.

1. TheBoyWhoYawns

I just ordered a 7-seater Model X from Tesla Germany and it told me at the start of the configuration process that the delivery date is in December. I am mostly interested with people who had a similar experience ordering within the last 6 months who are from Europe.

How accurate is the delivery date?

2. pereiks

pereiks Member

I doubt. The way it works: first half of the quarter - Europe & Asia production, second half - US production. I've ordered in sep and just recently got a VIN, which means that US deliveries started. I would estimate at least January for you, however you never know what might change.

3. TheBoyWhoYawns

Thank you for the information.

From a budget perspective, when they give you your VIN, you are then required to pay for the full amount. Is that how it goes? Or you don’t pay until you schedule the pickup or delivery?