Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

December / Late December delivery (2013) VINs?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I asked how they processed / scheduled the builds and the answer was it depends on color and what options you have.

Sigus - Based on how close your and my VINs are, I wonder if they group them by delivery location (ie we're both in Scottsdale) - though, I don't really understand how/why that would be relevant, but just a thought! p.s. look fwd to seeing you around town!

- - - Updated - - -

Mine is sitting at the service center, scheduled pick up is Saturday. Hope they call for early pick up.

Sigus, how did you know it was at the SC? I wonder if mine is too. I'm scheduled for pick up on Wed. Maybe I'll swing by there on the weekend and peek around :)

- - - Updated - - -

Nice. Looks identical save the pano roof. I debated the roof a lot, but in the end decided to go with the solid color. My last car was a BMW 550i GT with a very similar huge sunroof. It was really cool, but I absolutely never used it as I'm a bit of a vampire and don't like the sun shining on me. Wife didn't care either way, and the kids didn't get a vote ; )

Alywa - ha! I couldn't be more opposite. I have a BMW 6 series convertible that I'm bummed to be giving up. I LOVE that car. So, the pano was a must..... Having said that, my husband has a BMW X5 with a pano, and we never use it. So....it may just be for effect when all is said and done. Enjoy the car!

Three hours and counting!!!!

- - - Updated - - -

Ours actually landed at the SC Tuesday, this was provided by sales consultant at the factory. She then handed us over to a local rep that has confirmed the car will take several days for prep hence the Friday delivery. Its only a few hours now until we pick it up.

tesla building.jpg

Woo Hoo!!!! This popped up this am between 7 and 8:30 (not like I was refreshing that often. Well, okay, I was). Currently delivery is scheduled for 12/21.

T minus 12 hours!! Delivery is tomorrow at the Montreal Service Centre. The drive home could be interesting if we leave it too late - here's the forecast (temps in [SUP]o[/SUP]C):

Winter storm watch in effect. Increasing cloudiness. Snow and blowing snow beginning late in the afternoon. Wind becoming east 30 km/h gusting to 50 late in the afternoon. High minus 18. Wind chill minus 30 in the afternoon.

At least the wind will be behind us
:smile:. No issue with range though - the drive is about 230km.

I'll post pictures!

Wish me luck with sleeping...

The day has arrived! I couldn't be happier - the car is gorgeous, flawless, exciting, amazing…

The delivery experience was great - I was the only delivery today in Montreal so it was a relaxed pace, friendly and informative. Thanks to Eric, Eric and Cathy!

We beat the storm home and arrived home with 100km of range to spare so it was a really nice day all around. The car came with 1.49.30 firmware, we got 236 Wh/km averaging around 90 km/h on the way home in -18[SUP]o[/SUP]C weather. The side windows fogged up whenever the defroster wasn't on, but it was a comfortable drive.

I forgot to take a good picture of the Tesla wheel cap stickers, but you can see them in the last 2 pictures.

Now I have to give it up for a few days on Monday to get the XPEL wrap done :frown:

Attachments

• Delivery-6.jpg
    Delivery-6.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 239
  • Delivery-8.jpg
    Delivery-8.jpg
    48.3 KB · Views: 254
  • Delivery-5.jpg
    Delivery-5.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 241
  • Delivery-7.jpg
    Delivery-7.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 248
  • Delivery-4.jpg
    Delivery-4.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 245
The day has arrived! I couldn't be happier - the car is gorgeous, flawless, exciting, amazing…

The delivery experience was great - I was the only delivery today in Montreal so it was a relaxed pace, friendly and informative. Thanks to Eric, Eric and Cathy!

We beat the storm home and arrived home with 100km of range to spare so it was a really nice day all around. The car came with 1.49.30 firmware, we got 236 Wh/km averaging around 90 km/h on the way home in -18[SUP]o[/SUP]C weather. The side windows fogged up whenever the defroster wasn't on, but it was a comfortable drive.

I forgot to take a good picture of the Tesla wheel cap stickers, but you can see them in the last 2 pictures.

Now I have to give it up for a few days on Monday to get the XPEL wrap done :frown:

Beautiful. Love the white! Enjoy.

I got the call today, "Do you mind if we deliver it to your home tomorrow (12/17) rather than you come here on Thursday (12/19)? I did have to think about it a minute because usually I don't change once my mind is made up. Forgo the training, save driving 180 miles there and 180 miles back, and get it 2 days earlier? OK!

Expecting a truck tomorrow!