Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

December / Late December delivery (2013) VINs?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I pick up at noon. I am excited :biggrin: and have spent the day getting prepared for tomorrow. I hope I can sleep tonight! My car will be charged to 200 rated miles and ready for a mini road trip. I'll have my son, grandson, and two friends to help me with the check list and then we'll be on the road...possibly to check out the Hawthorne super charger.

Can't wait to hear your first impressions and to see PHOTOS! Congratulations!

I arriv
Tesla Ricks.jpg
ed at the Tesla pick up point promptly at noon. After the orientation and document signing I went on a 270 mile road trip. First stop was Culver City in LA to run an errand. I then went to the Tesla Super Charger in Hawthorne. I charged the car to 235 miles while I got a bite to eat and then returned to my home east of El Cajon.
I love driving this car. The low center of gravity makes it hug the road and it just seems to glide smoothly along. The instantaneous power available at all speeds gives you the feeling that you own the road.

I arriv
View attachment 38998ed at the Tesla pick up point promptly at noon. After the orientation and document signing I went on a 270 mile road trip. First stop was Culver City in LA to run an errand. I then went to the Tesla Super Charger in Hawthorne. I charged the car to 235 miles while I got a bite to eat and then returned to my home east of El Cajon.
I love driving this car. The low center of gravity makes it hug the road and it just seems to glide smoothly along. The instantaneous power available at all speeds gives you the feeling that you own the road.

Congratulations!!!!! Sounds like an awesome day worthy of the wait!

It's been an interesting few days for me, and I'm guessing it will be for you, too. In life, often when we have high expectations, we are disappointed (think about a great movie you've heard about, or Christmas Day, or an event built up in your head). I spent so much time waiting for this car (11 weeks), reading the forums and developing such high expectations, I was sure I'd be disappointed in some ways. Yet the car has surpassed my lofty expectations. That doesn't happen often in life. Sure, there are a few things I'd change (vents to the rear facing seats, guide lines on camera view when backing up), but those few items on the wish list don't stop me from being spellbound at what this company has achieved. The car is just amazing.

Congratulations!!!!! Sounds like an awesome day worthy of the wait!

It's been an interesting few days for me, and I'm guessing it will be for you, too. In life, often when we have high expectations, we are disappointed (think about a great movie you've heard about, or Christmas Day, or an event built up in your head). I spent so much time waiting for this car (11 weeks), reading the forums and developing such high expectations, I was sure I'd be disappointed in some ways. Yet the car has surpassed my lofty expectations. That doesn't happen often in life. Sure, there are a few things I'd change (vents to the rear facing seats, guide lines on camera view when backing up), but those few items on the wish list don't stop me from being spellbound at what this company has achieved. The car is just amazing.
Here she is after being detailed and parked under her new Tesla sign.
DSC01390b.jpg
DSC01398a.jpg

Congratulations. She is absolutely beautiful! And you're making me feel good too. I pick mine up this morning and it has all the same color options and the same wheels. Your picture makes this set of choices look amazing!!
Congrats to you, also! My detailer told me to keep the "California Duster" handy which I will gladly do to keep it sparkling. I am so glad that I chose the Blue Metallic!!

Congrats to you, also! My detailer told me to keep the "California Duster" handy which I will gladly do to keep it sparkling. I am so glad that I chose the Blue Metallic!!

Any surprises so far?
Are you considering tinting the windows? I need to tint the rear window because there's no ventilation in the back for the rear facing seats. I found a name on the So Cal forum at teslamotors.com, but the guy hasn't called me back and his email doesn't work.
Let me know if you know of anyone in SD.

Damn this thread is hard too read! I don't know how I will survive until the "February / Late February Delivery" thread. It's like being a kid at Christmas again except now I want Christmas over and done with to get me closer to getting mine!

That's exactly how I feel. When I was a kid I used to read store catalogs in anticipation of whatever I had asked for. Now I spend every day on this forum or looking up videos, articles, etc. living vicariously through everyone else's deliveries. Looks like if I'd held out ordering I might have got the incentive you got but at this point they could have charged me more to get the car earlier and I probably would have agreed :) (hope no one from delivery is reading this)

Any surprises so far?
Are you considering tinting the windows? I need to tint the rear window because there's no ventilation in the back for the rear facing seats. I found a name on the So Cal forum at teslamotors.com, but the guy hasn't called me back and his email doesn't work.
Let me know if you know of anyone in SD.

Surprises: I am surprised that my grin has not left my face! I drove my LEAF the other day in ECO and was surprised to find that single pedal driving is much easier for me in the Model S. I enjoy having the Model S virtually stop itself with regen in low. I was pleasantly surprised at the useful functions of the Tesla app on my iPhone and iPad. (Visible Tesla appears to have much more functionality...I need to figure out how to install that.) I am surprised at my restraint when approached by ICE muscle cars wanting to race. I am so thrilled to be driving this car and that is not a surprise!!

I have considered tinting the windows, but heat is not a factor since 99% of the time I am the sole occupant. I like the tints I have seen on TMC but I think that a tint would detract from the overall look I want to achieve. I chose my options to maintain what I think is the elegant understated design of the car. The standard wheels, Grey Nappa Leather and the Piano Black, all seemed to fit the design simplicity without making a statement of their own.

I learned of the detailer that I used from Randy Schimka (SDG&E) who has used his services for many years, most recently on his LEAF and Model S. The detailer, Jim Sadler, of ULtra Protective Systems, (858) 565-7876, has good tinting contacts.

Last edited:
Wow this is a cool design - post pics when you get it!

- - - Updated - - -

So Shepali VIN numbers are chronological in terms of production, so the reason why you and Sigus' numbers are so close together is because both your cars were ordered on the same day and probably confirmed around the same day! Super interesting stuff!!