Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

December / Late December delivery (2013) VINs?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Untitled 2.jpg

Just went into production yesterday. Ordered/confirmed on 10/31. Scheduled delivery 12/19. Hoping for earlier.

My Dashboard just changed this morning to factory is building. Looks like the Dec 21st delivery to the Scottsdale SC can be a reality. Vin is in sig line. Excitement is creeping in. Now I just have to figure out how to get it under the tree.

- - - Updated - - -

View attachment 37305

Just went into production yesterday. Ordered/confirmed on 10/31. Scheduled delivery 12/19. Hoping for earlier.

Nice looking build JD congrats!

I'm scheduled to pick up Saturday 12/21. I keep hoping that it will be sooner as I see these delivery VIN numbers getting closer to mine, but I'm still on "sourcing parts".

60kW/Grey/Black/Piano/Tech/Parking Sensors/Folding Mirrors/Pano/Rear Facing seats
Ordered 10.4.13/Confirmed 10.6.13/VIN 27357 assigned 11.5/Sourcing Parts

Just got another surprise. Now I can pick up the car tomorrow, instead of Saturday (which was already a week early). I almost feel bad after reading months of horror stories about delivery dates being pushed back weeks!

I think you will find a huge push for December to close out the year/quarter strong.

I wonder if the year/quarter revenue is based on the order date rather than the delivery date? The reason I ask is that I test drove one yesterday and I was told if I place my order before Dec. 31, the "Destination and Regulatory Doc Fee" of $1,170 in Canada will be waived. I was also told it's the first time that Tesla has ever done this type of promotion. So I'm thinking sales/revenue is countered when the order is placed and not when the vehicle is delivered.

- - - Updated - - -

*counted (not countered :rolleyes:).... I can't find the "edit post" button on this forum - does it exist?

Got a call from my DS today who asked if I wanted to move my delivery from Dec 12th to Dec 9th so I took him up the offer :smile:

P85 | Grey/Black Leather/Nappa/Carbon | Tech | Air | Pano | Sound | 19" + Red Calipers | Parking Sensors | Lighting | Fog | Subzero | Dual & HPWC | Shelf

Ordered/Confirmed: 10/24/13 | VIN: 10/25/13 VIN:267xx | Production: 12/3/13 | Factory Delivery: 12/9/13

Ordered 10/12, confirmed 10/15. "In Production" 12/5. Anticipated delivery 12/19. P26874.

Need to get in contact with my DS as they have me scheduled for 6 PM delivery which is a bit late for a 220 mile drive home. I'd really rather go cross country 185 miles on interesting 2 lane roads but only if I have daylight.

Ordered & Confirmed 10/3. In production 11/22. Production Complete: 12/2. Scheduled Delivery: 12/11.

S85; VIN26296

Another blue one...

Think the grin has already started (actually, it's start may have been way back at the beginning of the year when first visiting the Tesla store and taking a test drive).

Last edited:
I wonder if the year/quarter revenue is based on the order date rather than the delivery date? The reason I ask is that I test drove one yesterday and I was told if I place my order before Dec. 31, the "Destination and Regulatory Doc Fee" of $1,170 in Canada will be waived. I was also told it's the first time that Tesla has ever done this type of promotion. So I'm thinking sales/revenue is countered when the order is placed and not when the vehicle is delivered.

- - - Updated - - -

*counted (not countered :rolleyes:).... I can't find the "edit post" button on this forum - does it exist?

Unless you paid for the car before December 31st (in full) it will not count as a delivery/additional revenue in 2013. No matter..happy for you.