Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Decent AppleWatch app needed!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have several apps that include apple watch compatibility...and they all suck.

What is needed:
1) constant updates...all the current apps seem to wait to update until I use them...then the delay makes them more trouble than just using my phone.

2) multiple small complications...remaining range, %charge, a switch for climate on, max, max cool...there is so much potential here that is missing from the current options.

3) large complications...that fill the middle of the modular face.

Anyone find solutions to these?

Reactions: SG57

What is needed:
1) constant updates...all the current apps seem to wait to update until I use them...then the delay makes them more trouble than just using my phone.

2) multiple small complications...remaining range, %charge, a switch for climate on, max, max cool...there is so much potential here that is missing from the current options.

"Remote S for Tesla" is very popular. There is a long thread on it when in this forum. I don't use it, so can't speak to your specific requirements.

• Love
Reactions: AllenWong

What is needed:

Remote S provides all these functions and a lot more!

Attachments

• Remote S.png
    Remote S.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 118
  • Love
I guess my post wasn't sufficiently clear. I'm specifically talking about Apple Watch.

(I have remote S and use it as my primary Tesla app on the phone)

Any Apple Watch users out there?

This is exactly what Remote S is for (Apple Watch) and it works perfect!

Attachments

• Remote S 1.JPG
    Remote S 1.JPG
    262 KB · Views: 82
  • Remote S 2.JPG
    Remote S 2.JPG
    255.4 KB · Views: 78
  • Remote S 3.JPG
    Remote S 3.JPG
    243 KB · Views: 77
  • Remote S 4.JPG
    Remote S 4.JPG
    263.8 KB · Views: 82
  • Love
Have you tried EV Watch? It's the only watch app I'm aware of (hard to keep up with the surge in apps) that supports complications that constantly update.

Yep, that's what I have setup on the face now...

The only bummer is that they didn't create anything for the large middle complication on modular face.

I'm surprised Apple hasn't made a face that includes 2 or 3 of those larger complications. They rock when used properly by the developer.

@u00mem9 , for what it's worth, I'm in the process of developing Wear support for Android (the equivalent of Apple Watch for Android) and I've found your general feedback for a convenient smartwatch Tesla app quite helpful to design towards, so thank you for that!

If you have any more I'm all ears :)

Last edited:
Reactions: u00mem9
[QUOTE="Doubletap67, post: 2068493, member: 54949"Remote S is very good. You can essentially make it a watch face.

I'm new to the apple watch. what does "make it a watch face" mean exactly?[/QUOTE]

Just means you can leave the Remote S app in the foreground as shown in PatrickCH4313's photos a few messages above. All the car details and a small clock in the corner. I'll often do this when I'm at a supercharger and having lunch or whatnot - I can just glance at my watch and see how long I have before I have to sprint back to my car to avoid the dreaded extra fees.