Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Decent front plate holder that’s not $100?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi All,

looking at some of the quick release front plate holders and May end up going that route (likely Otto steer). That being said, seems like this is a lot of money for a front plate holder. I need something I can use maybe 5-10 times a year, for the few times I go in areas that really enforce the front plate rule. The rest of the time the plate will be off.
Are there any decent, less expensive plate holders that are relatively easy to take on and off?

Reactions: AmunRa51
Hi All,

looking at some of the quick release front plate holders and May end up going that route (likely Otto steer). That being said, seems like this is a lot of money for a front plate holder. I need something I can use maybe 5-10 times a year, for the few times I go in areas that really enforce the front plate rule. The rest of the time the plate will be off.
Are there any decent, less expensive plate holders that are relatively easy to take on and off?
I tried looking for a cheaper alternative. There was something I saw on Etsy for $9 but didn’t look too sturdy.

I ended up buying the Quick Bandit. A bit pricey ($139) but build quality is fantastic, fastens securely, and the installation/removal process is so simple. No regrets. Snap Plate is another good alternative and is less expensive ($110). Good luck.

I tried looking for a cheaper alternative. There was something I saw on Etsy for $9 but didn’t look too sturdy.

I ended up buying the Quick Bandit. A bit pricey ($139) but build quality is fantastic, fastens securely, and the installation/removal process is so simple. No regrets. Snap Plate is another good alternative and is less expensive ($110). Good luck.
I have the Ottoplate and I am happy with it. I like it because it uses the OEM plate holder and it sits flush on the front of the car.

Reactions: ucsdsig
Bought the Quick Bandit for my wife because she wanted one for when she goes into Denver. 6 months later…she still hasn’t used it ;) I have driving to Texas on a road trip and it was fantastic. Thought about buying two … but for as often as we use it (once in 6 months), I think we’ll just swap plates ;)

Reactions: ucsdsig
Just another data point. I got a quick bandit for our Y. Locked it down and everything as it was meant to be semi permeant and it came off in the auto car wash! Luckily we realized it the next day and was able to retrieve it. On my 3 I leave it in the frunk and use it only when parking on public streets with meters and it's very nice to quickly put it on and remove it. Spendy for sure, but high quality product, but be careful if you leave it on through car washes.

I do need one in Illinois. However Chicago is pretty much the only city that enforces it so I keep it off unless I’m in cook county.
OK, so you are running no front plate even though you are required by law to have one. I get it now.
Where I live, technically a front plate is 'required' and issued....BUT....if you do not have a front license plate bracket installed you can forego the front plate, else you must display the front plate if you have a front bracket. Dealers supply the front bracket in the protective plastic in the trunk when you take delivery rather than attached to the front bumper. No one runs front plates unless it's on their beater or truck with a front plate bracket.

OK, so you are running no front plate even though you are required by law to have one. I get it now.
Where I live, technically a front plate is 'required' and issued....BUT....if you do not have a front license plate bracket installed you can forego the front plate, else you must display the front plate if you have a front bracket. Dealers supply the front bracket in the protective plastic in the trunk when you take delivery rather than attached to the front bumper. No one runs front plates unless it's on their beater or truck with a front plate bracket.
I wish that was the case here. In Chicago, if you don’t have one, you get a ticket. PERIOD. You can be parked, doesn’t matter. Chicago is terrible with this.