Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Deceptive website by Tesla - features no longer exist in 2023

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When I got my car there was no AP/EAP difference. The car came with no AP, and you could only buy what they called EAP to which they added features like "smart" summon, Nav-on-AP etc. One of the features they added was turn-signal triggered lane change in AP.

So is that what you refer to or was there a time that people who bought a car which included "basic AP" and with that basic AP they got turn signal lane change? And later they took it away from basic AP, but not the grandfathered cars?

To my personal tastes, turn-signal lane change is pretty much all I use from "EAP." I use smart park once a month maybe. Can't see spending $6K for just that, but some people do. I would be pissed at losing smart park and park alert if I had paid $6K for them. As we all know, smart summon isn't smart, and regular summon is not useful except for a few people who have garages they can't get out of the car in.

Nav on autopilot I find discomforting, but others like it so perhaps that's what they are paying $6K for?
You are correct. The late 2015 model s had what would be considered “enhanced auto pilot” in later years. Not sure of the exact month and year Tesla decided to monetize this but I believe it started at either $2500 or $5000 and included lane changes with turn signal. If I look my sticker or the Tesla app there is no mention of enhanced ap just autopilot. The app does say “autopilot with convenience features” which is the lane change on turn signal. It also has basic summon.
449DCA90-A2FF-4231-8A3B-11AC236B5221.jpeg

Your title says "2023" but that year is not over yet. How do you know those features won't be restored before the year will be over?

Just wanted to chime in from here in 2024 and confirm that Tesla Vision still sucks balls and Tesla is still deceptively marketing features that don’t exist.

But at least now we know that “a short period of time during this transition” counts as somewhere between 15 months and eternity in Tesla-speak. 😒