Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Dechrome M3 Suggestions

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes they will colour code the door handles. I’ve still not decided yet whether to go for white handles or black, but they offer both. I’ll see if if they’ve got any pics of cars with red handles. They also wrap enough of the handle so you don’t see the chrome like you do with some of the DIY kits.
Great, thanks. Do you mind me asking how much you are paying for the dechrome? Happy if you want to PM.

Reactions: Cyclone1
I had a fully wrapped car for 7 years as a daily driver. Weather was never an issue.

I’d assume frozen door handles would be a problem with or without film on them.

Water collects in the door handle bucket so a sudden freeze can 'weld' the door handle to the body - it requires a firm bash with the hand to 'shatter the weld' - pushing the handle requires more force than my fingers could cope with without risking snapping them - see bent finger in image linked in topic below! If a wrap is on the handle, it will be the wrap that it is welding itself to the body, so I am wondering if the wrap will be damaged when freeing the handle. Similar applies with folding mirrors, although never happened to me. In really bad weather, you can turn off auto fold mirrors, but you cannot mitigate against the door handles freezing.

Oh no. Door handles frozen

From the manual. This section is fairly recent and is still work in progress. Its a real problem and pre conditioning doesn't always help.

upload_2020-5-21_8-11-21.png

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Durzel
Just had mine done with vinyl.

It looks really well. I’m just waiting for a machine polish and ceramic coating doing next week before I post pics, but for now here’s a couple of my friends done at the same place with the same material - but on the darker alloys. Who is also getting the polish and ceramic coating done. He gets his back today so I’ll post more pics later Of both if interested.

6A2DD67D-7E54-404B-B6D9-7651E5282591.jpeg FA890F06-BC1F-4844-A640-0DDC77A4190A.jpeg

Reactions: CMc1
Have you thought doing it yourself, it's pretty straight forward - here's mine, bought from Nikola Pro and they do a colour match for the handles if you request it:

View attachment 543293
New year looking to do similar.
Am I correct in thinking that Nikola Pro has to be ordered from US and that they.....or somebody doing the same thing.....doesn’t exist in UK ?

Thanks in advance for info

New year looking to do similar.
Am I correct in thinking that Nikola Pro has to be ordered from US and that they.....or somebody doing the same thing.....doesn’t exist in UK ?

Thanks in advance for info

Hi, yes the Nikola Pro was ordered from the US - it arrives pretty quickly. If you do go this route, remember to check the labelling as I had to use the drivers side as passenger side!

It can be done by someone in UK, but this will be more expensive and I haven't seen an equivalent UK DIY one yet.