Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Decided on a Y

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sold my 2016 S75 last month with the plan of buying a low mileage used 2017 100D MX... But after doing some research and seeing what they are going for, it still a bit out of what we want to pay right now. So we started looking in to the MY. We even test drove both cars last week. We really like the ride quality and new tech on the newer MX and felt like its far better than 2017's. My wife liked the MY also. She liked the size, height, and the interior room of the MY compare to our old MS. So we decided to be practical and will go for the MY for now. Judging by the model 3, it seems like the MY will have good resell value. Also played a factor with our decision when we do decide to sell it in 3 years, when we start looking for a used 2020 Model X.

We really like white exterior. But after seeing some of the complaints in here regarding gaps, body panels, and mismatch paint. I'm a little worried on putting my order now. Also not sure if I should wait until around December to see if they offer better incentives or even lower the prices. So maybe put in my order at the end of October?

Sold my 2016 S75 last month with the plan of buying a low mileage used 2017 100D MX... But after doing some research and seeing what they are going for, it still a bit out of what we want to pay right now. So we started looking in to the MY. We even test drove both cars last week. We really like the ride quality and new tech on the newer MX and felt like its far better than 2017's. My wife liked the MY also. She liked the size, height, and the interior room of the MY compare to our old MS. So we decided to be practical and will go for the MY for now. Judging by the model 3, it seems like the MY will have good resell value, if I do decide to sell it in 3 years when I start looking for a used 2020 Model X.

We really like white exterior. But after seeing some of the complaints in here regarding gaps, body panels, and mismatch paint. I'm a little worried on putting my order now. Also not sure if I should until around December to see if they offer better incentives or even lower the prices. So maybe put in my order at the end of October.

I just picked up a white/white MY Monday and didn't have any issues with paint and just two very minor panel gap issues that they will fix. Go for it whenever you are ready!

Reactions: Electric700
Sold my 2016 S75 last month with the plan of buying a low mileage used 2017 100D MX... But after doing some research and seeing what they are going for, it still a bit out of what we want to pay right now. So we started looking in to the MY. We even test drove both cars last week. We really like the ride quality and new tech on the newer MX and felt like its far better than 2017's. My wife liked the MY also. She liked the size, height, and the interior room of the MY compare to our old MS. So we decided to be practical and will go for the MY for now. Judging by the model 3, it seems like the MY will have good resell value. Also played a factor with our decision when we do decide to sell it in 3 years, when we start looking for a used 2020 Model X.

We really like white exterior. But after seeing some of the complaints in here regarding gaps, body panels, and mismatch paint. I'm a little worried on putting my order now. Also not sure if I should wait until around December to see if they offer better incentives or even lower the prices. So maybe put in my order at the end of October?
If you are go ing to order one, do it quickly so that you would get it possibly mid November. Getting it at the end of the quarter is terrible, because they rush out the manufacture and delivery to meet sales quota.

• Helpful
Reactions: captanzuelo
If you are go ing to order one, do it quickly so that you would get it possibly mid November. Getting it at the end of the quarter is terrible, because they rush out the manufacture and delivery to meet sales quota.

What are the chances of me getting a car that was rejected? Chances are higher since my build will be pretty basic LR white on black with Gemini wheels and no FSD...