Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

decided on ceramic CS-II instead of PPF

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just posted my experience here Vendor - Ceramic Coatings by ShowCarPerfection in Anaheim Hills

The cost of PPF + ceramic for a $60k car didn't make sense. So I opted for what I think is the best ceramic coating that should give some protection.

IT's bright as hell!! I'll update in month after driving the crappy streets of LA to see how it holds up.

Attachments

• 206945742_10226779415694495_1325711817316773334_n.jpg
    206945742_10226779415694495_1325711817316773334_n.jpg
    329.3 KB · Views: 94
Reactions: GeoG
Reactions: ucsdsig
I decided on a blend, PPF in the more likely to have impact areas, and ceramic over everything. I spent more than I wanted but I am in for about 3k all we did which includes full front PPF (bumper, hood, front fenders, lights, a-pillars and above the rocker panels front to back), tint all windows and ceramic coating everything.

Reactions: ucsdsig
If I had to pick or suggest PPF in the primary areas is the right path. Ceramic helps keep it shiny but does little to protect it. I did the front PPF mask myself not that hard and have had no issues.
yeah, I learned the hard way last week when driving back down from the Bay Area. I-5 was being repaved, with one lane complete, the other not yet. Doing 5+ in the construction zone adn a couple fo cars changed lanes right in front of me which resulted in a barrage of gravel adn dirt blasting my Model 3. Numerous dings in the windshield, but more importantly, a half dozen chips in the paint of the hood and A-Pillar. No dents, so I assume PFF would have provided full protection.