Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Deciding on color

How hard will your decision on color be?

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
big factor for me would be interior color combo

whats your interior color choice?

Yes this is a good point and I'm thinking a light interior - which doesn't help my choice. :( This is a reason I REALLY hope they have a better Design Studio coming for Model 3. I've written here before that the current one is inadequate and doesn't let you preview the complete look of the vehicle including the interior. This is especially nonsensical given that it's Tesla and people may never even see their vehicle before purchase - let alone with their choices.

If Tesla actually offered paint choices I *want* it'd be hard.

Black: Never again unless I have a personal assistant whose duties include keeping the car clean.
Red: Not my style.
Blue: Too damned dark. If it was a bright blue I'd be all over it, but it isn't, so I'm not.
White: Ok I guess, but I think the sensors stand out too much and overall it's kinda boring to me.
Silver: "I gave up"

That leaves Midnight Silver, which is "ok" so it's what I'm getting.

I'd prefer something like one of these:

Audi's Ara Blue Crystal:
YVlxXlk.jpg

Lamborghini's Arancia Borealis

o0D6LsL.png

Audi's Viper Green:

2015-Audi-S3-exclusive-edition-green-front.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Pkmmte
I keep flipping between red and blue. Cannot decide. How they look with ther aero wheels is what's tripping me up. I like blue better, but I think the wheels look better on Red, and Red is my second color choice... D: And I'm definitely getting aero for practicality.

I think it's medium tough. Blue is classy. Black is nice and free, but to me doesn't show the lines well enough. White is clean looking, but a bit boring and shows all the seams/sensors so much. Silver/gray look decent but are so generic and common. Red is pretty but too loud IMO.

Leaning Blue / White Interior (if <$500) / Aero.

If Tesla actually offered paint choices I *want* it'd be hard.

Black: Never again unless I have a personal assistant whose duties include keeping the car clean.
Red: Not my style.
Blue: Too damned dark. If it was a bright blue I'd be all over it, but it isn't, so I'm not.
White: Ok I guess, but I think the sensors stand out too much and overall it's kinda boring to me.
Silver: "I gave up"

That leaves Midnight Silver, which is "ok" so it's what I'm getting.

I'd prefer something like one of these:

Audi's Ara Blue Crystal:
YVlxXlk.jpg

Lamborghini's Arancia Borealis

o0D6LsL.png

Audi's Viper Green:

2015-Audi-S3-exclusive-edition-green-front.jpg

Yes of course I'd prefer one of those too. But there's just no way. :( Yes one can always wrap it or whatever but that's just lot of extra $$. Never understood why companies don't just offer 500 different colors - it just means keeping a few extra cans of paint on hand from home depot or whatever their supplier is.

• Funny
Reactions: gg_got_a_tesla
Color choice has been driving me NUTS for this car and I never even knew I cared all that much, until now. I didn’t foresee this being such an internal battle. A battle that goes on and on and on.
Luckily I was able to eliminate colors right from the jump. No white, silver or blue for me (even though they do all look pretty good).
Next I was into the midnight silver and had myself convinced...I still think it looks the best with aeros.
Then I decided that I wanted the sport rims...which then had me thinking about color again.
Then I was all about black as a way to save $1000.
Yeah, Black with aeros - use the “savings” for EAP....
While that makes sense and I may still go that route but I really think deep down that this car looks best in Red. My current car is red and my 6yr old doesn’t want me to get red again. I made the mistake of telling her that I have pay for the red but the black is free - so she brings that up every time this topic comes up (which is WAY too often).

So as of now I think I’m down to either of these 2 setups.

Red w/aeros
Or
Black w/sport

Ugh...needless to say this will be and has been “difficult” but I also realize it’s probably more about the waiting that is to blame for my ever-changing preference on color.

I am also trying NOT to even consider a white interior option because guess what that would do? Make me change my mind about color!
(Want white interior but I wouldn’t put that with Red...east coast guy here so a white interior might be possible)

• Funny
Reactions: UZJedi
While that makes sense and I may still go that route but I really think deep down that this car looks best in Red. My current car is red and my 6yr old doesn’t want me to get red again. I made the mistake of telling her that I have pay for the red but the black is free - so she brings that up every time this topic comes up (which is WAY too often).

Sounds like it's time for her to get a lesson in who gets to make the decisions ;)

Reactions: FlyingKiwi
Yes this is a good point and I'm thinking a light interior - which doesn't help my choice. :( This is a reason I REALLY hope they have a better Design Studio coming for Model 3. I've written here before that the current one is inadequate and doesn't let you preview the complete look of the vehicle including the interior. This is especially nonsensical given that it's Tesla and people may never even see their vehicle before purchase - let alone with their choices.

i would do red/white or tan
or
white/black

My first choice was blue, but the sticker price discount on inventory S in pearl white has convinced me otherwise. No regrets. I am coming from a black car which was a real PITA to maintain by the way. Red wouldn't be my thing either, but it is a personal choice.

I like all the colors, even white. And I never had thoughts of owning a white car before. But I started out thinking I would get the Midnight Silver but wasn't sold on it. So I went to my "local" Tesla Sales Center to see all the colors in person (on the Model S). That lead me to Multi-coat Red. I thought it looked really sharp. The Midnight Silver was nice but it didn't stand out to me. Then I thought about getting a full wrap to protect the paint. So now I was thinking of getting Black (which I've always liked) to save $1k to put towards the wrap. I've finally landed back on Red and just wrapping the front. But if I don't get invited to the Design Studio soon I'm likely to change my mind again!

I would really like to get the Ultra White interior but I wouldn't want the white dash that goes with it and won't want to mess with aftermarket alterations. Now if it were white-washed wood with the woodgrain showing I would probably be all over it. Instead I'll settle for the black interior and possibly black out the wheels and chrome. I'll make that decision once I see how the chrome and sport wheels look in person. The door handles and side AP camera are all up in the air. Regardless of my other color choices I could leave them chrome or DIY wrap them in black or carbon fiber.

Last edited: