Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Decision Hinges on Two Bytes

So it has come to this. If Tesla would release only two more bytes of information I could make the decision about whether to wait for AWD/performance or go for the LR:

Bits
[7:4] How much quicker the AWD (Byte 1) or Performance (Byte 2) is to 60, in 0.2s increments, relative to the LR
[3:0] How much the AWD (Byte 1) or Performance (Byte 2) costs in $2000 increments, relative to the LR

For example, if the AWD ran 4.5s to 60 at an additional cost of $4k, byte 1 would be 0x32.

Just two little bytes, Tesla? I know, you’re busy with production hell and all that, but you’ve leaked entire E-mails. Surely there is time for a couple bytes, especially when the sanity of thousands of line waiters is on the line?

So it has come to this. If Tesla would release only two more bytes of information I could make the decision about whether to wait for AWD/performance or go for the LR:

Bits
[7:4] How much quicker the AWD (Byte 1) or Performance (Byte 2) is to 60, in 0.2s increments, relative to the LR
[3:0] How much the AWD (Byte 1) or Performance (Byte 2) costs in $2000 increments, relative to the LR

For example, if the AWD ran 4.5s to 60 at an additional cost of $4k, byte 1 would be 0x32.

Just two little bytes, Tesla? I know, you’re busy with production hell and all that, but you’ve leaked entire E-mails. Surely there is time for a couple bytes, especially when the sanity of thousands of line waiters is on the line?
Man is busy with optimizing flufferbots, don't distract him with your meager requests.

Runt8

May 19, 2017
Colorado
Or maybe I am really an AI programmed with a sophisticated recurrent neural network that can fake forum posts indistinguishable from those of a human. And maybe we’re all in a simulation. The world may never know...
There's nothing about this thread that resembles normal human interaction... :D

A range of 0.8 seconds and $8k does not sound like enough. Willing to give up some resolution ?

He assigned 4 bits to each value, so there are 16 possible values in each nibble (hex digit) with the assignment that each bit is worth 0.2s or 2k, that's actually a 3.2 second and $32,000 range in values... so should be plenty.

Hex Decimal Binary
0 0 0000
1 1 0001
2 2 0010
3 3 0011
4 4 0100
9 9 1001
A 10 1010
B 11 1011
E 14 1110
F 15 1111

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC