Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Decision on Color

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Vitaman

Supporting Member
Aug 9, 2014
Decatur, GA
Successfully transitioned my August P85+ order over to the P85D today.
Was originally going with Pearl White/Grey with Grey wheels.
The more cars I've seen the more I've liked a darker color with the Model S shape.
So I resolved to change the White to Grey with the D if I could.
Well I could and did except for 1 tiny thing.......The D will only be available with new styled Black performance seats.
I'm not a big fan of Black interiors. However I love supportive and bolstered seats. I have a good feeling that R&D has listened to complaints and will come up with a wonderful seat.
So I have resolved to deal with a Black interior. That being said, the exterior color is now wide open. Have searched for pics of all the colors with grey turbine wheels (a must) and have struck out.
Anyone know where I could see pictures of the entire palette but especially Silver, Red and Green with Grey Turbines?

How about silver metallic?

I think it is a nice colour, if you can speak of colour at all.

And ironically, this car in the pictures is the only I have seen in HK so far. The "exclusive" Signature colours seem less exclusive than the silver metallic - just because no-one got it (that I know of)

Attachments

• IMG_8104_.JPG
    IMG_8104_.JPG
    174.4 KB · Views: 288
  • IMG_8097_.JPG
    IMG_8097_.JPG
    125.1 KB · Views: 255
  • IMG_8056_.JPG
    IMG_8056_.JPG
    148.7 KB · Views: 253
  • IMG_8043_.JPG
    IMG_8043_.JPG
    136.9 KB · Views: 254
Vitamin, the new seats look pretty and, more importantly, they are very comfortable and supportive. The back seats also have small dividers between them for increased support. They look good and will hold your grocery bags in one place as you fishtail out of corners in your new P85D. ;)

P.S. I love Pearl White on our P85+. Ordered it again on the new car.

After an hour or two at the T store today and looking at most every color, It became clear that I really liked the Grey paint the best on a day to day basis. It's a little lighter than I remembered, and takes on slightly different hues in different light. Planned Apathy's aesthetic decisiveness at first took me aback, but I think he's on to something.
It's more conservative than I would have liked with the plain black interior, but the grey wheels give it some special sauce. Anyway it works for me and has just shown up under "My Tesla".