TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Decision - Please help

Discussion in 'Model S: Ordering, Production, Delivery' started by siraj, May 20, 2016.

1. siraj

siraj Member

I need help.. My order is already confirmed and my DS says he might be able to make the change if I pay the $500 and let him know today itself. I just saw the facelift in person today. It was a red color and I really loved it. Question I have is.. Is red too feminine? Any guys over here have the red color? Also I really didn't like the slipstreams. It looked like hubcaps. I am thinking of getting these rims.. Any feedback? Please help!!
    TST 20" Tesla Model S Wheel

2. cman8

cman8 Member

Red is cool. Get the color you like, your the one driving it. I bought the TST sportlines in 19" matte black. Love them. look pretty much like the tesla ones except better color instead of just grey.

3. Boourns

Boourns Member

If you like it, get it.

If you really care: I have never heard of a red car being labelled as "feminine." See Ferrari, etc. I had a bright red Infiniti and got several compliments on the color.

4. RichardL

RichardL Member

I have Red and have never heard it described that way - people always love the color, especially in bright sunlight - very happy with my decision. Those wheels, in a dark shade would go really well.

5. kavyboy

kavyboy Member

Red is not feminine at all, as far as I am concerned. I have received a lot of compliments on the red.

6. jerry33

jerry33 S85 - VIN:P05130 - 3/2/13

I've never heard of a red car being feminine--pink yes.

• Funny x 1
  7. NikeWings

NikeWings Member

The red is gorgeous..........I thought it was too masculine for me to have but LOVE it.
    The day is over, what did you do?

8. DÆrik

DÆrik Member

Red is a great color that looks even better on a Tesla. Male or Female owner, looks great! I say get the color you want, not what people think about it/you.

Thanks Erik

9. Tech_Guy

Tech_Guy Always in Ludicrous mode

I was flipping between blue, black and midnight silver myself but all that changed when I went by the local showroom. They had just gotten in a refreshed mulitcoat red car... I think it was because I see teslas all over but I hardly see red and seeing it in that showroom sealed the deal it had to be red!!

• Like x 1
  10. DougH

DougH Active Member

Tesla is really pushing red for some reason. I like it but would not get it myself. MC red with 21" grey wheels is sexy.

11. DrManhattan

DrManhattan Member

I drive too fast for red. I'd rather be inconspicuous. I normally don't like aftermarket rims - makes nice cars look ghetto, but those look alright.

12. H2OU

H2OU Member

The red looks amazing on the Tesla, especially with the dark wheels. I wish the Signature Red was an option nowadays!