Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Decisions Decisions

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ordered a MYP MSM with tow and white interior. It’s for my wife as I have a M3P white on black since 2018 (and love it). We are having hard time on exterior color between MSM and Deep metallic blue. We actually would have been fine with white but I think white in white has no contacts, we already have a white and o OC white Teslas are too many to poor nauseated seeing another one. I personally like the MSM on white and she was on the fence but prefers blue on white some days. Scheduled to take delivery Saturday. May have decline and down another $1000 for the blue. Any arguments over one combo over the other. Thanks

I personally like blue/white combination the best, next is white/white. But it's all personal preference. Whatever you, wait, your wife feels is the best choice you should go with :)
Yes, have to accept it’s not my car and hers…she’s already annoyed that I gave her my Acura hand me down when I got my Tesla. It’s hard though when I’m the in dropping close to $80k after taxes, license and registration. 😆

I feel both colors look very different in sunlight and dull when cloudy. She actually like the MSM up close but not from afar. Blue is little flashy for my tastes, but all my cars have been black, silver, grey, or white.

Upvote 0
Yes, have to accept it’s not my car and hers…she’s already annoyed that I gave her my Acura hand me down when I got my Tesla. It’s hard though when I’m the in dropping close to $80k after taxes, license and registration. 😆

I feel both colors look very different in sunlight and dull when cloudy. She actually like the MSM up close but not from afar. Blue is little flashy for my tastes, but all my cars have been black, silver, grey, or white.
Really can't go wrong with Blue. My wife drives MYP blue/black, and I just got MYP white/white. Was debating MSM/white but I ended up liking the white multi-coat. All the colors are good, can't go wrong with any.

Reactions: Dragon007
Upvote 0
I ordered a MYP MSM with tow and white interior. It’s for my wife as I have a M3P white on black since 2018 (and love it). We are having hard time on exterior color between MSM and Deep metallic blue. We actually would have been fine with white but I think white in white has no contacts, we already have a white and o OC white Teslas are too many to poor nauseated seeing another one. I personally like the MSM on white and she was on the fence but prefers blue on white some days. Scheduled to take delivery Saturday. May have decline and down another $1000 for the blue. Any arguments over one combo over the other. Thanks

I think MSM is now a cheaper standard color - I'd expect it to become more common. Both the Grey and the Blue look great in person.

Upvote 0
if the wife is on the fence, but one choice comes in 3 days, and the other costs money and comes months later, seems pretty obvious to me. Take it now. It's only if most of the time she thinks she wants blue that the decision should be changed.

I had no regrets spending the 1000 for the blue, and it may have contributed to me getting it quicker. (6 weeks from order in Feb)

Upvote 0
Blue looks good. MSM is more innocuous.

Upvote 0