Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Declined delivery for next week

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Pemple

Sep 10, 2020
US
I was going to wait until after battery day was over before ordering my M3 LR+ but noticed that everyone seemed to be doing that so I went ahead and placed the order today so I wouldn't miss a Q4 delivery. I should note that my BMW is here until10/26 so I was happy to wait a month or two.

Just got a text saying that I can pick it up next Wednesday! I had to call and decline...you have no idea how painful that was! They were really nice and did warn me that it's likely to be late November/early December which is better timing for me but it still hurt.

Maybe as a consolation prize I'll get a heat pump :)

There's always going to be something new coming ... don't wait for the unicorn ... even if they announce new stuff it will be late 2021/2022 before you will see it in your driveway.

I agree although the FOMO is painfully strong with this one! I delayed because I have a BMW 330e sitting in my driveway not going anywhere (Covid WFT) and it would be obscene to also have a M3 sitting next to it for a month! That said, once the BMW goes away I'll be waiting for that delivery text!

Reactions: polyphonic54
It’s a subtle thing so you’re probably not noticing it but...I think that this thread is getting away from the original, albeit boring, topic.

That said, if you’re hitting In-N-Out then I’ll have a double-double, animal, protein style, no fries. I’m doing low carb right now.

Lots of people have FOMO. There were thousands of people waiting till after battery day to place their orders..

After the presentation, it became obvious that there is little reason to wait, as all the envisioned improvements will be rolling out little by little over the next several years. There will also be more improvements after those are delivered. Most of the battery enhancements will be initially placed into the Semi, CyberTruck and Plaid versions.

Nowsome people will be waiting some more to get the long promised $25,000 compact car that will become possible after they can drive the battery prices down.

The cars, as currently configured offer great value and are compelling. They are perhaps the most aspirational and attainable cars in the marketplace.

Imagine that lots of them will be "pulling the trigger" now that they know nothing is right around the corner.

It is kinda natural for buyers to hope to get the next big thing, but reality says you can only buy what is coming down the line.

With most current production going to Europe and Asia, imagine that many will be looking at deliveries for new orders, coming near the End of Year.

Lots of people have FOMO. There were thousands of people waiting till after battery day to place their orders..

After the presentation, it became obvious that there is little reason to wait, as all the envisioned improvements will be rolling out little by little over the next several years. There will also be more improvements after those are delivered. Most of the battery enhancements will be initially placed into the Semi, CyberTruck and Plaid versions.

Nowsome people will be waiting some more to get the long promised $25,000 compact car that will become possible after they can drive the battery prices down.

The cars, as currently configured offer great value and are compelling. They are perhaps the most aspirational and attainable cars in the marketplace.

Imagine that lots of them will be "pulling the trigger" now that they know nothing is right around the corner.

It is kinda natural for buyers to hope to get the next big thing, but reality says you can only buy what is coming down the line.

With most current production going to Europe and Asia, imagine that many will be looking at deliveries for new orders, coming near the End of Year.

I and some others have been saying that nothing for the Model 3 will be talked about on battery day. People waited any way and now they have to wait 3 more months to get their car. Cause if you order a car today, you probably won't get it this month and all cars coming out in the first month of the quarter goes overseas.

One thing I seemed to see was the SR and SR+ may be downgrading to the less expensive batteries used in China for all markets. There was a chart of the battery tech that showed the lower end Model 3's using the cheaper cells. It makes sense as they are less energy dense but there is lots of spare room in the battery for more cells.

• Disagree
Reactions: Murky-Article
I was definitely one of those with FOMO, been waiting to put an order in for a LR Model 3 after battery day. I already have a standard range but the extra needed range is really appreciated with the premium interior. So now I’m stuck between putting in that order for the LR or getting enhanced autopilot and push through the standard range woes for a couple of years more.