Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Decoding of option codes

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I believe it is important to know options chosen by the original owners of our Roadsters. Here is my list with the options I currently have:

TOP1
ELT1
WHL3
WSC1
SVC2
SUS1
EXT1
RS1
INT5.BK.LG.r1.1

Currently my Roadster 2.0 has the following options: Insane green, exterior carbon, interior carbon (only on door sill), clear coated carbon hardtop, soft top, upgraded audio, sport PEM/motor/, adjustable dampers and roll bars, 1.5 two-tone seats

Please compare/share your list from MyTesla and Roadsters :)

I have a Thunder Gray 2.0 non-Sport. I'm not the original owner of the car, so I'm presuming that these details were properly tracked by Tesla. I also don't know what options were actually ordered with the car (don't have a copy of the window sticker). That said, I believe it has the upgraded sound system, HID headlights, and upgraded PEM / Motor fans. The seats are single color. The top is the cloth one (though I have purchased a Visium glass top separately), and the only exposed carbon fiber is on the roll bar behind the seats. It has the front and rear "bumpers" from the 2.5 model, which from TEG's archive are known to been swapped from the original 2.0 variety some time after the car was delivered.

If I look at the URL of the photo of my car on the "My Tesla" page (right-click, copy link location), I see the following options. Some of the car's details are likely out of view from Tesla, or at least not part of the reference set for the picture. Seems we share ELT1 and WSC1; no clue what they are. WHL1 vs WHL3 - presumably different wheel styles... Which ones do you have? COL3 is obviously the color; odd that yours isn't listed. I presume INT is the interior trim, but don't know what "DG" might refer to. Seats, perhaps?

ELT1
ASO1
WHL1
WSC1
INT2.DG.DG.tr.1
COL3-THGR

compositor

• Informative
Reactions: snd92
If I look at the URL of the photo of my car on the "My Tesla" page (right-click, copy link location), I see the following options. Some of the car's details are likely out of view from Tesla, or at least not part of the reference set for the picture. Seems we share ELT1 and WSC1; no clue what they are. WHL1 vs WHL3 - presumably different wheel styles... Which ones do you have? COL3 is obviously the color; odd that yours isn't listed. I presume INT is the interior trim, but don't know what "DG" might refer to. Seats, perhaps?
Hey, nice find @gregd! Seems like the option codes were probably used for the Design Studio back in the day since swapping out the variables generates various changes in the image service. I tweaked/guessed at a couple for my "My Tesla" URL to generate the images below and here's a quick set of values based on what we have so far for the EXTERIOR features:

ASO1 = ?
COL2-RARD = Exterior Body Color - Radiant Red
COL3-THGR = Exterior Body Color - Thunder Gray
ELT1 = Electronics Group (?)
EXT1 = External CF Kit
RS1 = Roadster Sport
SVC1 = ?
SVC2 = ?
SUS1 = Adjustable Suspension (?)
TOP1 = CF Hardtop - Bodycolor
TOP2 = CF Hardtop - Clearcoat
WHL1 = Cast Aluminum
WHL2 = Silver Forged
WHL3 = Black Forged
WSC1 = ?
WSC2 = ?

As far as the INTERIOR features, that's a bit more cryptic. Looks like there are perhaps at least five variations since @gregd has "INT1" and @snd92 has "INT5". As for the other variables, I'm guessing those correspond to the upper and lower colors if Premium or Executive leather was ordered so we should outline those as well:

BK = Black (?)
DG = Dark Gray (?)
LG = Light Gray (?)

compositor

compositor

compositor

Last edited:
  • Informative
I have black forged 2.0 wheels, so WHL3 seems correct. Perhaps signature colors or EU models did not get any option codes for colors?

@gregd and @Roadster, thanks for sharing.

MyTesla photo of mine is sad to watch :oops: Wrong panels/roof/wheels/color, basically everything, and no side repeater.
compositor.jpeg

• Funny
Reactions: hcsharp
Hey, nice find @gregd! Seems like the option codes were probably used for the Design Studio back in the day since swapping out the variables generates various changes in the image service. I tweaked/guessed at a couple for my "My Tesla" URL to generate the images below and here's a quick set of values based on what we have so far for the EXTERIOR features:

ASO1 = ?
COL2-RARD = Exterior Body Color - Radiant Red
COL3-THGR = Exterior Body Color - Thunder Gray
ELT1 = Electronics Group (?)
EXT1 = External CF Kit
RS1 = Roadster Sport
SVC1 = ?
SVC2 = ?
SUS1 = Adjustable Suspension (?)
TOP1 = CF Hardtop - Bodycolor
TOP2 = CF Hardtop - Clearcoat
WHL1 = Cast Aluminum
WHL2 = Silver Forged
WHL3 = Black Forged
WSC1 = ?
WSC2 = ?

As far as the INTERIOR features, that's a bit more cryptic. Looks like there are perhaps at least five variations since @gregd has "INT1" and @snd92 has "INT5". As for the other variables, I'm guessing those correspond to the upper and lower colors if Premium or Executive leather was ordered so we should outline those as well:

BK = Black (?)
DG = Dark Gray (?)
LG = Light Gray (?)

Ok this is awesome but also dangerous... After playing with this I now need black wheels and a body color roof :D

compositor

compositor

My Roadster is mostly the same as what you've already gathered so the only thing I can add to the list is that BG gives you tan (beige I suppose) interior panels, and after some guessing (this is about to be a new obsession...) COL3-VYOR gives you Very Orange.

compositor

Sorry @snd92 , I feel like this is straying from your intended topic... Should we start a new thread for playing with these images?

I am not seeing these codes on My Tesla site. Can someone provide more detailed instructions on what to click on? I do have a copy of the original window sticker.

I am using a Mac and just right-clicked the image in my account and clicked "inspect element." This will give you the source code including the URL for the image which you can paste in a new browser window and go crazy from there!

Edit: It's even easier to just right-click then select "Copy Image Address" and paste that in a new browser

Last edited:
After 10-15 minutes of playing around, here's what I've got so far for exterior colors:

COL2-RARD = Radiant Red
COL3-THGR = Thunder Gray
COL1-RAGR = Racing Green
COL1-FURD = Fusion Red
COL2-OBBK = Obsidian Black
COL2-STSL = Sterling Silver
COL3-JTBK = Jet Black
COL3-ELBL = Electric Blue
COL2-TWBL = Twilight Blue
COL2-BRYL = Brilliant Yellow

I am not seeing these codes on My Tesla site. Can someone provide more detailed instructions on what to click on? I do have a copy of the original window sticker.
The codes are hidden in the URL that fetches the picture of your car when you log in to the teslamotors site. There's a website that makes it a bit easier (and where I learned how it works):

Tesla Model S Options Decoder

Currently my Roadster 2.0 has the following options: Insane green, exterior carbon, interior carbon (only on door sill), clear coated carbon hardtop, soft top, upgraded audio, sport PEM/motor/, adjustable dampers and roll bars, 1.5 two-tone seats
Interesting that your 2.0 car has 1.5 seats.

Note: "soft top" is standard (not an option), and I don't think there was a Roadster color called "Insane green", I would guess you have "Lightning Green", which is Tesla's name for the Lotus color "Spirited Green". See Roadster paint colors

If you post some photos of your car I'm sure the experts can determine its color.

Did the same exercise as @hsull8915 yesterday and here are the actual image service outputs for posterity's sake:

compositor
compositor
compositor
compositor
compositor
compositor
compositor
compositor
compositor
compositor
compositor
compositor
compositor
compositor

U.S. 2.5 EXTERIOR COLOR CODES
COL1-FURD = Fusion Red
COL1-RAGR = Racing Green
COL2-GLBL = Glacier Blue
COL2-RARD = Radiant Red
COL3-THGR = Thunder Gray
COL3-ELBL = Electric Blue
COL2-STSL = Sterling Silver
COL2-BRYL = Brilliant Yellow
COL2-TWBL = Twilight Blue
COL2-OBBK = Obsidian Black
COL3-LIGR = Lightning Green
COL3-ARWH = Arctic White
COL3-JTBK - Jet Black
COL3-VYOR = Very Orange

Also did a little more digging and happily discovered that some of the current MS Design Studio variables were still applicable to the old Roadster URL string:

3/4 FRONT
compositor

INTERIOR SEAT
compositor

The addl. values in the interior code set still need to be cracked but from a quick test, it looks like the letter combinations preceding the "r1" (which, presumably, refers to Rally 1 style seats?) do, in fact, denote the primary and secondary colors. In the case of @snd92...

BK.LG.r1.1

...equates to Premium Black "BK" / Light Gray "LG" Rally 1 (third image below). Adding other colors I was able to guess codes for as well:
compositor
compositor
compositor
compositor
compositor
compositor
compositor

U.S. 2.5 INTERIOR COLOR CODES
BG = Beige
DG = Dark Gray
LG = Light Gray
OR = Orange
RD = Red
SD = Saddle
YL = Yellow

Haven't figured out the Rally 2 code combo yet.

Here are my codes and some guesses on matching the option:
TOP2 = CF Hardtop - clearcoat
ELT1 = Electronics Group
ASO1 = ?
WHL3 =Black forged wheels
TIR1 = ?performance tires
WSC1 = ?solar guard windshield
CHG9 = ?Interior carbon fiber (or is that included in the INT6 code?)
SUS1 = ?adjustable suspension
EXT1 = External CF Kit
RS1 = Roadster Sport
INT6.BK.SD.tr.1 = Premium leather interior, Black and Saddle
COL3-THGR = Thunder Gray

here is the window sheet (from original owner) with the list of options.
upload_2017-9-7_21-43-28.png

and here is a picture of my interior to help decipher my INT6.BK.SD.tr.1 code.
upload_2017-9-7_21-37-33.png

Also did a little more digging and happily discovered that some of the current MS Design Studio variables were still applicable to the old Roadster URL string:

3/4 FRONT

INTERIOR SEAT

@Roadster You seriously made my day with these! Bummer that "ABOV" doesn't work, guess they didn't have that view before. Also, super excited when I was looking at the Seat view and realized that by taking out ELT1 it showed the original single din (which is what I have).

No way to get it to show the soft top on?

Interesting that your 2.0 car has 1.5 seats.

Note: "soft top" is standard (not an option), and I don't think there was a Roadster color called "Insane green", I would guess you have "Lightning Green", which is Tesla's name for the Lotus color "Spirited Green". See Roadster paint colors

If you post some photos of your car I'm sure the experts can determine its color.

I know of 1 insane green in US and 3 in Norway. The seats have an inflator bulb for adjusting lumbar support as 1.5s do. After seeing @ViviV 's interior photo I'm not sure to call it 1.5 seats. The two-tone leather is divided differently, but we both have the inflator bulb and 2.0s.

3.JPG

The photo attached by @Roadster is a bit too yellowish. This represents the color better...
1.jpg

I believe my Roadster originally was spec'd without carbon interior, but later added with only carbon door sills. (Only found this interior photo of mine from mounting the dashcam)
2.jpg

Last edited:
I believe that 1.5 & 2.0 seats are identical and both include the inflatable lumbar support.
Seats seems to be a mystery. It looks like they switchs seats somewhere in the 2.0, and then switched back mid-2.5? I've always heard that 2.0 seats sit a little higher. Sitting higher hurts visibility, so some folks replaced them with the older seats. Comfortability seems to personal preference, but I'm under the impression the 1.5 sits are better for long drives.

And then there the lumbar support: Roadster 2.5 Seats - Lumbar Support

I added the Roadster to my configuration tool at Tesla Preview - many thanks to the people here for figuring out the codes!

@Roadster I found an extra seat color code - CR = Cream

@snd92 - What is the full URL to your broken image? It might reveal some clues. It looks like white but with a wrong color prefix as it's coloring the roof (which ignores the COLx- prefix but not the body (which expects the COLx- prefix)