Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wiki Decoding Tesla Model S VINs

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've been working on figuring out which cars were at which event.
Would anyone like to help fix the data?

getAmpedVINs.JPG

i thought the sunset red that was at the DC event was non-performance. that's definitely what they told me (and it was the one i drove). it also had the microfiber interior and the black roof if that's at all of relevance (my wife actually thought it was a pano roof when she glanced at it, only to be REALLY surprised when she got inside).

i thought the sunset red that was at the DC event was non-performance. that's definitely what they told me (and it was the one i drove). it also had the microfiber interior and the black roof if that's at all of relevance (my wife actually thought it was a pano roof when she glanced at it, only to be REALLY surprised when she got inside).

Sounds like an unpleasant surprise. Thanks for the data!

Didn't know that the Sunset Red (seen first at Fremont) had a black roof rather than the presumed pano! That's the effect (looks like a pano but is not) that I'm going for by opting for the Black roof, with Green instead.

VINs at the Portland store:

Previously seen:
5YJSB1A24C2B00014 Shasta White Pearl beta (Static in store)
5YJSA1AN5CFR00050 Silver, Non-perf, black interior, solid roof, piano black trim, silver wheels (Static in store, but very road-worthy)

*** NEW ***
5YJSA1AP3CFR00114 Black, performance, pano roof, tan interior, silver wheels Being used for Get Amped test drives
5YJSA1AP5CFR00115 Signature Red, Performance, pano roof, black interior, silver wheels Being used for Get Amped test drives

These last two were reportedly freshly delivered off the production line, this is their first store visit.

I decided to try formatting with Excel so I could read the columns better. I adopted a variant of Lotus's coloration from the Roadster thread.
Mod request: Can we update the forum to allow xlsx (as it already allows xls)?
I did this. Let me know if it works. Why don't you keep your updated list here so that it's on the first page.

I did this. Let me know if it works. Why don't you keep your updated list here so that it's on the first page.
I'm fine with moving it wherever but, at least for me, that's page 2. (My setting is at 10 posts per page, which I guess is the default?)

Ah, I see. You added a new post in slot 10 but the link was confused. I'll move the spreadsheet and image.

Update: #10 post updated.

Mod note: Weird, if I try to use the "#10" shortcut link it takes me to page 2 instead of page 1. The post #9 link works fine. Bug in the forum software?

For debugging purposes...
Code:
Post 9:
http://www.teslamotorsclub.com/showthread.php/7638-Decoding-Tesla-Model-S-VINs?p=117880&viewfull=1#post117880
Post 10:
http://www.teslamotorsclub.com/showthread.php/7638-Decoding-Tesla-Model-S-VINs?p=117881&viewfull=1#post117881

Last edited: