Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Decoding the Reservation Number

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That's a given. They'll make configurations in whatever sequence they see fit ... but aside from special connections, those with first dibs on that configuration get the first builds thereof.
Based on what?

"Get in line, dibs in order as models become available" makes sense if you're asking for a real $100 down.
"Late to order gets same priority as first to order, all get to make real orders at once" is insulting.

If the Y roll out, amongst others, is any indication, then you should prepare to be insulted... Tesla appears to factor things differently than you and "First!" doesn't appear to be a given...

Reactions: CMoZ
I placed my reservation yesterday evening. RN114015545. No FSD, tri-motor.

Going to be hard to wait. Mostly because I'm nursing a blown head gasket in my commuter car. Gotta keep topping it off, though it's not as bad now that it's cool out. Then I'll eagerly trade it in when the time comes. Probably the only situation where one will get good value on their trade-in

Reactions: filotej
I just now came upon this tracker. According to the tracker, I am Position 605,734. Trim position 30.729, estimated delivery month 4/2024 lol.

If truly half drop out, maybe that puts me at maybe14 months in, or around maybe best case Feb 2023, assuming first month of deliveries is around Jan 2022(surely there will be delays I think). I am considering changing to dual motor. But supposedly that'll begin production at the same time, but who knows. Is it safe to say that I have about 2 years and a few months at least till delivery huh? Just trying to roughly plan it out.

I sold one of our cars recently, that I don't drive much, figuring I'll have that money will just depreciate anyways, better off selling and holding onto the money, maybe put it into a conservative investment until purchase time.

I was also shocked by the table. The CYBRTRK was announced on Nov 21, 2019 and I ordered on Nov. 27th,

How did I get to be overall 267,920 or 90,580 for the dual motor. Did I miss the party or what?

WIth est delivery in April 2023. WOW!

That many orders in six days. Yowza!

Ordered 2 more. 1 RWD and 1 Trimotor. Figure by the time they are built the Tesla will have it Robotaxi fleet going and I will have these 2 dedicated to it.

Looks like 1 million plus orders based on my day 1 order # and these. RN114145453 and RN114145852 - RN112824067. If it is simple subtraction the 1.3 million orders between these. I am sure I am missing something in this but still seems like there are way more the 750k orders.

Reactions: Kevrick
Finally broke down and ordered one. Hoping the single motor isn’t dropped like the Model Y SR.

Ordered 10/1/20. Corrected position: 1.26 million. :eek:
Damn it woman [wife]! “You’ll regret getting a single motor....spend money once.” :rolleyes:

828B365A-DE16-4A9B-B4A6-C2A91DDFFD9B.jpeg

• Funny
Reactions: VIKING26
I like what the tracker has to say

RN Found: 112745007 RN Date: 11/21/2019 7:00:00 PM EDT
RN Location: Sarasota, FL RN Count: 1
RN Trim: Tri Motor Full Self Driving Prior Tesla Owner
Msg from Admin:
Msg to Admin: undefined
Est Position: 795
Est Position for Trim: 268
Est Delivery Month: 1/2/2022