Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Decoding the Reservation Number

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The Cyber Truck Worldwide Reservation Tracker (google sheet - please consider adding your reservation) has alot of good info that will help to answer many questions. For example - Tesla has been reusing cancelled reservation numbers). The tracker can be found by a google search. Here is one of the many plots in the spearsheet). Its a plot of Net reservation number versus time for Dual Motor reservations. (Net reservation number is the reservation number minus the lowest reservation number we have so far found). Tesla is mixing Single Dual and Tri motor reservations. However one can guess where you are in the list by determining your Net reservation number then multiplying by 50% (50% of all orders are for dual motor) and then by 85% (assume 15% cancellation rate).
upload_2020-2-27_13-27-56.png

The Cyber Truck Worldwide Reservation Tracker (google sheet - please consider adding your reservation) has alot of good info that will help to answer many questions. For example - Tesla has been reusing cancelled reservation numbers). The tracker can be found by a google search. Here is one of the many plots in the spearsheet). Its a plot of Net reservation number versus time for Dual Motor reservations. (Net reservation number is the reservation number minus the lowest reservation number we have so far found). Tesla is mixing Single Dual and Tri motor reservations. However one can guess where you are in the list by determining your Net reservation number then multiplying by 50% (50% of all orders are for dual motor) and then by 85% (assume 15% cancellation rate).
View attachment 515772
Can you provide a link to the spreadsheet?

Reservations have some sort of chronology to them. There appears to be some outliers but generally, there is a sequential pattern. Lowest reported reservation is 112744124. I'm somehow VERY close to this number so I presumably have a very early reservation.

Well, Tonight, March 4th, 2020, My Reservation for the CT is RN113321875, and the difference between that number you quote, and mine, just by subtraction = 577,751 - if that means anything!