Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Decommission, deactivate, deprecate chargers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Missile Toad

MSLR Wht/Blk/19 | OD 6/10/21 | RN11512
Aug 30, 2016
30.04, -95.16
So, I'm noticing lots of poorly maintained databases for chargers. I'm thinking specifically of Tesla and Chargepoint that are extremely slow to correct wrong locations or deactivated chargers in their databases. This bothers me because people are starting to rely on these locations to book hotels or get opportunity charges, and, although for some, Tesla offers 'free' charging, that doesn't excuse that they misdirect people to locations that don't exist. Reports to the actual owners of these databases are treated with neglect.

However, I find that the Alternative Fuels Data Center (Hosted by the U.S. Dept. of Energy) is pretty good at culling the herd. Here is an example of the form I, today, submitted on a local charger. I think that Plugshare tends to follow the AFDC's lead, when a station is decommissioned. Unfortunately, Plugshare also tends to take Tesla at its word, when Tesla says a HPWC is at a location -- which can be wrong. I'd be interested in hearing others experiences getting places removed from the various maps.