Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Dedham, MA Tesla woes... "Hugh"

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Having bought many cars over the years I found the Tesla experience more similar to buying a new phone then a car. Salespeople were polite, no pressure but also no urgency. Unlike regular dealerships that fight for every customer that walks through the door, because they have too, Tesla has more customers then it knows what to do with. Most employees aren’t “salespeople”, it’s more about information, again no different then going in to buy the latest phone. I am happy with my car but there are trade offs, service, simple requests and questions can not be answered or handled quickly, everything has to run though the scheduling app and it takes 2-3 weeks to get an appointment, much different then my Cadillac experience.
Yet the model 3 is a game changer as a daily driver, it is much nicer and more comfortable then anything I have ever owned. So while the other issues are real, it isn’t enough to change my opinion about the car.

Having bought many cars over the years I found the Tesla experience more similar to buying a new phone then a car. Salespeople were polite, no pressure but also no urgency. Unlike regular dealerships that fight for every customer that walks through the door, because they have too, Tesla has more customers then it knows what to do with. Most employees aren’t “salespeople”, it’s more about information, again no different then going in to buy the latest phone. I am happy with my car but there are trade offs, service, simple requests and questions can not be answered or handled quickly, everything has to run though the scheduling app and it takes 2-3 weeks to get an appointment, much different then my Cadillac experience.
Yet the model 3 is a game changer as a daily driver, it is much nicer and more comfortable then anything I have ever owned. So while the other issues are real, it isn’t enough to change my opinion about the car.

I agree with above and will state that this is by design.
I think Telsa would rather their dealer locations be compared to your local Apple store than your local Cadillac dealer.

Our "baby...." Hope all of you still waiting are hanging in there!

IMG_1010 (2).jpg

Reactions: Msjulie