Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Dedham, MA Tesla woes... "Hugh"

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just because I’m not here to blindly help Tesla doesn’t mean I’m not here to help anyone. You got it twisted.

You're not here to help the OP, either.

You're here to sow discontent. Or perhaps I'm just reading too much into the negative tone of your posts...or perhaps your attempts to help rectify the OPs situation was simply too subtle for me.

Last edited:
  • Disagree
Reactions: jelloslug and glide
You're not here to help the OP, either.

You're here to sow discontent. Or perhaps I'm just reading too much into the negative tone of your posts...or perhaps your attempts to help rectify the OPs situation was simply too subtle for me.

Whatever you say. I’m an owner and was offering my perspective. If it doesn’t align with yours or if you don’t like it, feel free to pound sand.

I ended up covering the white dash panel with a matrix black wrap. I was getting a reflection from the white dash panel on the driver's side window, that was obscuring the view in the side mirror glass. Didn't really notice it until the summer......

Interesting. This is exactly one of my worries with the white dash. It's close to winter now so I am not sure I'm getting the full effect. So far hasn't be a challenge. We will see next summer I suppose.

And as far as those here honestly and empathetically defending my original posts of concern - thank you! You know who you are ;)

I can no longer edit my last post, so @glide :

The idea that people should expect to have poor service experience or expect to have poor reliability is complete nonsense. It flies in the face of statistical data. Bloomberg just published an article of 5,000 Model 3 owners polled and found that 99% of the would recommend the Model 3 to friends and family. CR just put the Model 3 and S back on their “Recommended buy” list citing improved reliability. The reason Tesla continues to hold the top spot for customer satisfaction certainly isn’t because the majority of people are having poor experiences at the service centers, or with their vehicles.

Nearly 99% of Model 3 owners would recommend to friends and family

Tesla Model 3 and Model S Regain a Consumer Reports Recommendation

Is Tesla perfect, no, but should customers expect to have a bad ownership experience because some have…clearly no. Anyone making claims that you should expect to have issues isn’t looking at the situation objectively…and pointing this out doesn’t make someone a “fanboy.” Calling for Elon Musk to resign because not everyone has a perfect ownership experience, while completely ignoring that Tesla enjoys the highest customer satisfaction rating in the industry, needs to consider some serious self-reflection.

The OP had a terrible delivery experience, and it shouldn’t be ignored. However, telling him that he should expect this, and more going forward, is completely counter to reality. It’s just plain old FUD.

On a personal note, I've had absolutely zero maintenance issues with our Model 3. The same cannot be said for our Model X, but all issues were resolved at the service center without a problem...and I have no complaints. My delivery experience with the Model X wasn't smooth, as when I showed up to take delivery I had to wait an hour because they weren't ready, and my DA seemed completely unaware that I was scheduled to pick it up (he's the one that made the appointment *shrugs*). Otherwise, my service experience for both cars has been excellent.

Finally, constructive criticism is welcome, spreading FUD is not.

Reactions: dandrewk
Ayup! Wasn't going to let myself nor my family down. There was no yelling... just intellectual intensity and bravado. Not saying this will work for everyone, but it worked for me.

Funny that the car was all set and parked outside ready for delivery. They actually could have done it if they really tried - just like Miguel made happen there.

There was one phrase I remembered the whole time: "Relentless Forward Progress." Hope you all avoid this experience or are able to overcome your own challenges. Have faith my friends!
Perfect way to deal with this. All of it. And in Boston no less!

Enjoy, you deserve it. Your wife and family deserve it.

Just curious .... whatever happened to Hugh through all of this?!

I can no longer edit my last post, so @glide :

The idea that people should expect to have poor service experience or expect to have poor reliability is complete nonsense. It flies in the face of statistical data. Bloomberg just published an article of 5,000 Model 3 owners polled and found that 99% of the would recommend the Model 3 to friends and family. CR just put the Model 3 and S back on their “Recommended buy” list citing improved reliability. The reason Tesla continues to hold the top spot for customer satisfaction certainly isn’t because the majority of people are having poor experiences at the service centers, or with their vehicles.

Nearly 99% of Model 3 owners would recommend to friends and family

Tesla Model 3 and Model S Regain a Consumer Reports Recommendation

Is Tesla perfect, no, but should customers expect to have a bad ownership experience because some have…clearly no. Anyone making claims that you should expect to have issues isn’t looking at the situation objectively…and pointing this out doesn’t make someone a “fanboy.” Calling for Elon Musk to resign because not everyone has a perfect ownership experience, while completely ignoring that Tesla enjoys the highest customer satisfaction rating in the industry, needs to consider some serious self-reflection.

The OP had a terrible delivery experience, and it shouldn’t be ignored. However, telling him that he should expect this, and more going forward, is completely counter to reality. It’s just plain old FUD.

On a personal note, I've had absolutely zero maintenance issues with our Model 3. The same cannot be said for our Model X, but all issues were resolved at the service center without a problem...and I have no complaints. My delivery experience with the Model X wasn't smooth, as when I showed up to take delivery I had to wait an hour because they weren't ready, and my DA seemed completely unaware that I was scheduled to pick it up (he's the one that made the appointment *shrugs*). Otherwise, my service experience for both cars has been excellent.

Finally, constructive criticism is welcome, spreading FUD is not.

Typical Tesla employee. You just outed yourself.

I had a positive experience with the delivery center in Dedham!
Don’t expect to be pampered.

Car is the best I’ve ever owned and only got better with free software updates recently

No experience with the service/warranty dept in Dedham as my car has not had anything wrong yet

Careful now, that's a might too positive. People will claim you're just a Tesla employee.

Just curious .... whatever happened to Hugh through all of this?!

Not sure, but I would not be surprised if he had a good ol' talking to. Interestingly enough the rest of the guys at the delivery were walking on eggshells while I was there. The finance guy kept messing up and I kept correcting him. He certainly tried and I dont fault him for that. But in the end I agree with previous posts that this will all be forgotten in a couple weeks.

Now? Its playtime! I get to drive it to work for the first time today. Should be fun!

• Love
Reactions: TheUmp