Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Dedham MA waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My 3 was delayed because of the hurricanes this season (but technically still picked up way before estimate of Oct 28-Dec 28 on order) but i picked up in Dedham and drove it strait to get it wrapped and coated. I had to put the front plate on first to get the sticker even though I was getting it wrapped but if you go to the closest gas station- Dedham Gas and Service, he has you drive it in and he doesn't really touch the car since he doesn't want to get a new car dirty. He also doesn't jack new cars if you're worried about that part of safety. He's done the majority of the Tesla stickers. I was 30 minutes early to my appointment and they took me early as the car was sitting outside already. I recommend asking to check the car out before signing papers. EV plate given with registration if anyone's wondering about that. I'd say if you take delivery soon, you can get one of those model 3 toy models with your car.

Decided to pass on the VIN swap (car swap) they had planned for me since there were a couple scratches on the car. One deep one on front hood near windshield/driver door that likely would need repaint. They didn’t give me an update on my car either. Back to the waiting game...ugh

My 3 was delayed because of the hurricanes this season (but technically still picked up way before estimate of Oct 28-Dec 28 on order) but i picked up in Dedham and drove it strait to get it wrapped and coated. I had to put the front plate on first to get the sticker even though I was getting it wrapped but if you go to the closest gas station- Dedham Gas and Service, he has you drive it in and he doesn't really touch the car since he doesn't want to get a new car dirty. He also doesn't jack new cars if you're worried about that part of safety. He's done the majority of the Tesla stickers. I was 30 minutes early to my appointment and they took me early as the car was sitting outside already. I recommend asking to check the car out before signing papers. EV plate given with registration if anyone's wondering about that. I'd say if you take delivery soon, you can get one of those model 3 toy models with your car.

Never even thought of the stickers, just assumed the car came with it. How much did you pay for the costing? Do you feel it was worth it?

That’s ridiculous. Why do you need the front plate on? I’m getting ppf on front right after delivery, if that ever happens, and definitely don’t want that front plate on beforehand.

That’s ridiculous. Why do you need the front plate on? I’m getting ppf on front right after delivery, if that ever happens, and definitely don’t want that front plate on beforehand.
If you can get ppf under 7 days you can still get the sticker after. My installer didn't seem to mind. He must have seen it before. Tesla was nice enough to mount the plate on the front bracket but leave it up to me for them to mount it to the car. The inspector said he needed to take pictures of the front with the plate to get the sticker. Not sure if that's just his preference.
Never even thought of the stickers, just assumed the car came with it. How much did you pay for the costing? Do you feel it was worth it?
Tesla said they're not allowed to do the sticker because manufacturers can't safety inspect their own cars. I paid way too much but the lowest out of all in the area for my specifics. It's being done in NH for the no tax. Too early to say if it's worth it but I hope it is. Total for full xpel ultimate plus gloss and cquartz finest reserve was 5500 and another 100 something for xpel on the center console. They discounted the prep because they don't have to prep twice. I could've added wheels, windows, and interior leather but a few more hundred but only lasts 2 years. Stealth would have cost more because its more labor to tuck since everything needs to look matte. Other places were charging 6k just for full wrap.

I picked up from Dedham last week. Good people over there. Coordinating with a delivery coordinator in Las Vegas is a little more complex than it has to be. There should be an online tool to schedule pickup instead of playing email or phone tag.

I will note that my car failed State Inspection at Lexus Watertown with condensation in all four tail lights. Tesla Service in Watertown has to get replacements shipped from CA and cannot resolve until late next week. Moral of the story, get the car inspected within the first couple of days. Effective October 1st, vehicle inspections in MA are now video recorded so enforcement is going to be a lot more strict.

Reservation: Day 1
Ordered 9/14/18
Delivery on 11/10/18

LR RWD/Black/Black

I just got my email for delivery on 11/8.

A question for anyone who has picked up in Dedham: my insurance agent says that the dealer generally provides plates after faxing with the agent to verify insurance. Is this the case? Also, I've noticed that most MA Teslas have EV plates - do these come from the Tesla?

I picked up from Dedham last week. Good people over there. Coordinating with a delivery coordinator in Las Vegas is a little more complex than it has to be. There should be an online tool to schedule pickup instead of playing email or phone tag.

I will note that my car failed State Inspection at Lexus Watertown with condensation in all four tail lights. Tesla Service in Watertown has to get replacements shipped from CA and cannot resolve until late next week. Moral of the story, get the car inspected within the first couple of days. Effective October 1st, vehicle inspections in MA are now video recorded so enforcement is going to be a lot more strict.

Reservation: Day 1
Ordered 9/14/18
Delivery on 11/10/18

LR RWD/Black/Black

PS. I meant delivery on 10/10/18.