Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Dedham off-grid ???

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone been able to get a hold of folks at Dedham ? Sales and service seem to be completely unreachable at all time of the day. Even on their cell phone, strangely. I realize that there’s probably a huge model 3 push under way but surely someone can answer the phone once in a while.

From what I've seen and heard from them they don't do web based service appointments and their service phone wait times are over an hour.

This Service Center congestion is really becoming a serious problem in the Boston area. Watertown is better, but still totally slammed.

I tried to schedule service with them today on the phone and was sent to a voicemail box that I was told was full. So, I ended up going to the myTesla page and scheduling my appointment online. It let me choose Dedham, whereas in the past the online tool forced me to use the Watertown location. I prefer the Dedham location. The first appointment available was Jan 2nd.

Few weeks ago had a MX passenger door latch failure that I tried calling for appt and never got through. Went on line and made an appt for about a week later, that was the earliest available. My wife got a confirmation email from them, and decided to email back, and they answered, and got us in earlier because the door was not operable. While I was in the service dropping her MX off, I made an appt for 4yr service for my MS, which was about 2 weeks out. After I dropped it off for that appt, they kept my MS for 1 week before they got all the work done.

So, at least a few weeks ago, they responded to email, maybe they aren't even doing that now. Going to Dedham itself and walk in to talk to them, if you can, is one option that should work.

I didn't mind them having my car for a week to get the service done, as I got a brand new MS loaner. They are now exclusively using Enterprise for loaners, but Enterprise has several Teslas in their fleet.

They are supposed to call me about replacing my MCU screen (yellowing around the border) on a inventory MS I purchased, but haven't heard anything in over a month. I'd simply stop by were it not so inconveniently located (bad traffic and distance). I've had better experience at Watertown and might try there if all else fails.

Dedham does seem to be way too busy, but their service has always been great. I scheduled my car for 50k service and what ended up being a couple of minor adjustments. The gave me an almost brand new Model X loaner via Enterprise - so I was indifferent to how long they had the car. It ended up being 11 days (Thanksgiving in the middle). I saw the Enterprise bill for the loaner which exceeded the cost of my service (the 50K with brake cleaning is $1000). As a Tesla owner I am quite happy. As a Tesla shareholder I am a bit concerned.

The only thing that makes sense to me is that the valued the customer experience over the cost of the loaner. They tried to push me off a few weeks, but I had the 50K mark coming up and needed to make a decision regarding extended warranty and let them know it. Having the car in the shop effectively stopped the mileage clock. I do think they took the car in knowing they wouldn’t get to it for a while but want to ease my concern about the warranty decision timing.

• Love
Reactions: robby and Okemonkey
Yesterday their Supercharger suite was listed as being offline, too, on the navigation screen.
I drove by and there were cars plugged in, but probably all new cars being delivered. Place is crazy busy.

Last time I had service, I picked it up at about 7pm and drove off and realized the tank was at 90miles - they had not charged it! I would have plugged in 10mins but all superchargers were full. Could have stoped at Mansfield but wanted to get home. My problem is I'm in RI and had a good 40 miles to go on a cold night. Got home with under 20%, which I have rarely ever done otherwise...

They are supposed to call me about replacing my MCU screen (yellowing around the border) on a inventory MS I purchased, but haven't heard anything in over a month. I'd simply stop by were it not so inconveniently located (bad traffic and distance). I've had better experience at Watertown and might try there if all else fails.
They may be waiting on the updated part.
Yellow border on screen... again...