Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Dedham showroom move

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm sure people already know about this, since Tesla didn't make a secret out of it, but since there's no post about it here, I figured I'd create one.
Last weekend when I was using supercharger in Dedham, I was told by multiple sales associates that Dedham showroom will shortly be moving down the street into Westwood (somewhere around Audi dealership), and Dedham location will become a service center. They also mentioned a possibility of additional superchargers installed in Westwood, but said that initially supercharger team said that's not going to happen, but now re-considering it.

I'm sure people already know about this, since Tesla didn't make a secret out of it, but since there's no post about it here, I figured I'd create one.
Last weekend when I was using supercharger in Dedham, I was told by multiple sales associates that Dedham showroom will shortly be moving down the street into Westwood (somewhere around Audi dealership), and Dedham location will become a service center. They also mentioned a possibility of additional superchargers installed in Westwood, but said that initially supercharger team said that's not going to happen, but now re-considering it.

That's news to me! Thanks for sharing. Any sense on timeline, other than "shortly"?

With all the speculation about Tesla trying to defer delivery #200,000 into Q3, any acquisition of additional real estate that could be used as an overflow lot in the near-term piques my interest...

Sales associates didn't mention the timeline, but it sounded like it's a done deal, just a matter of maybe building up a new showroom and facilities.
One other thing that they mentioned is that because supercharger at Dedham is almost always packed, they considered removing it from the map at some point, so that only people who already knew about it would use it, but decided against it (I think that's a good thing).

• Informative
Reactions: Bokonon
One other thing that they mentioned is that because supercharger at Dedham is almost always packed, they considered removing it from the map at some point, so that only people who already knew about it would use it, but decided against it (I think that's a good thing).

Agreed, glad they're leaving them visible. Maybe I'm just not driving by at the right times, but there's usually at least two or three stalls open whenever I drop by. I guess that qualifies as "packed" outside of California!