Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Dedham Store swamped with new Teslas!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Has anyone noticed that Tesla LOVES to open Superachargers in cities/towns named Burlington? There are superchargers in: Burlington NC; Burlington, WA; South Burlington, VT. Now speculation about a SC / Supercharger in Burlington MA. Coincidence, or a strategy? :)

Has anyone noticed that Tesla LOVES to open Superachargers in cities/towns named Burlington? There are superchargers in: Burlington NC; Burlington, WA; South Burlington, VT. Now speculation about a SC / Supercharger in Burlington MA. Coincidence, or a strategy? :)
Surprisingly, a quick Wiki check shows over half the states in the US include a town named Burlington. For the rest of New England, Burlington CT and Burlington ME are probably safe from Tesla, for now.;)

Reactions: BizJet
Today the Dedham store parking lot is so full that there are cars parked in what had been the travel lane from the service center side of the store to the Supercharger side of the lot. So to reach the Superchargers, you must take the second entrance! They must have a large backlog of new car deliveries in combination with quite a few trade-in cars (BMWs, Audis, Teslas, even a Cadillac) taking up spaces along the front row on the street side. Busy, busy place!

Today the Dedham store parking lot is so full that there are cars parked in what had been the travel lane from the service center side of the store to the Supercharger side of the lot. So to reach the Superchargers, you must take the second entrance! They must have a large backlog of new car deliveries in combination with quite a few trade-in cars (BMWs, Audis, Teslas, even a Cadillac) taking up spaces along the front row on the street side. Busy, busy place!

Hi David. I really hope one of those new deliveries is mine! Their shipping operation ran into a "logistical issue" last week according to my DS. Hope I get the call today!

So close yet so far!! I was at the Home Depot in West Roxbury last night for a kitchen cabinet appointment for my Dad and Mom for a remodel that I'm doing for them. Thought it was gonna be a little quicker than the 2 hours that it took cause the configuration and cabinet selection had already been done but no way, these things take forever. On the way to 128 to go home I got a quick glimpse of the Tesla Store, along with Model S and X's in the lot. I ended up in the left turn lane which the Mrs. thought was by accident but subconsciously I was trying to go towards the store I think :rolleyes: my course was quickly corrected:mad:

And today, July 3, the place is considerably less crowded! there must have been a large number of cars either delivered or removed from the property for other reasons (trade-ins seem to be gone, so maybe they were picked up and shipped elsewhere, e.g.).
As another random observation -- nearly all the new undelivered cars on the lot today were P90D, most with Ludicrous mode. And red seems to be a very popular color just now!

:cool::D:D:D
And today, July 3, the place is considerably less crowded! there must have been a large number of cars either delivered or removed from the property for other reasons (trade-ins seem to be gone, so maybe they were picked up and shipped elsewhere, e.g.).
As another random observation -- nearly all the new undelivered cars on the lot today were P90D, most with Ludicrous mode. And red seems to be a very popular color just now!

Yes I noticed the lot was considerably empty. I got mine yesterday! They told me that they were delivering cars to customers until 2 am on July 1st.

I also notice that any inventory non P tends to leave their lot quickly. There are a few P90D that are simply amazing but I wanted the range and they are just a bit too expensive to buy and insure.

According to the website, about 70% of Tesla's 'new inventory' cars nationwide right now are P90Ds, and all 14 for "New England' are P90Ds including 12 with Ludicrous speed upgrade and 5 in red.

Overheard while visiting Dedham on a brief service call: Tesla has obtained a secure lot nearby to relieve the congestion. With another truck full of cars coming in today, this is timely.

We really could use a service location on the north side of Boston.

I was there today, too, and indeed it was crowded with new cars again. That site surely would be hard pressed to handle Model 3 service or deliveries, so I am glad to hear of the additional secure parking lot. (I wonder where it is, too.)

If anyone here is passing by the Dedham service center today, could you report if you noticed any new batch of cars having been delivered?

My MS Pearl white with pano was supposed to get off the truck last night (8/31) and can't wait till I take the delivery on Saturday (assuming it did arrive, of course).

I'll check with the DS team later today, but that is few hours from now when they open:)

Tick, tock, tick,....

Having grown up in nearby Westwood, I was familiar with the old Lincoln Mercury dealership that had been on that site forever. Back when it was built, I suppose it was a typical sized site for an auto dealer, but all the newer dealers up the road in Norwood completely dwarf the Dedham site now. I was kind of surprised when Tesla bought it that they weren't thinking bigger. I mean, it's their only complete sales and service site in the whole prosperous, wealthy, high tech-loving Boston area. That they outgrew it so quickly doesn't surprise me in the least. I think they should keep an eye open for a more proper and much larger location down towards Norwood and Walpole. I think even when they open additional Boston area sales and service sites (the Burlington area is crying out for one), they'll still need a larger southwestern suburban site than this antique Dedham one. Perhaps Erie Boch Jr. will be selling something I would think as he loves his guitar more than his dad's business. Imagine a former Boch Automile lot covered with 300 Teslas.

Having grown up in nearby Westwood, I was familiar with the old Lincoln Mercury dealership that had been on that site forever. Back when it was built, I suppose it was a typical sized site for an auto dealer, but all the newer dealers up the road in Norwood completely dwarf the Dedham site now. I was kind of surprised when Tesla bought it that they weren't thinking bigger. I mean, it's their only complete sales and service site in the whole prosperous, wealthy, high tech-loving Boston area. That they outgrew it so quickly doesn't surprise me in the least. I think they should keep an eye open for a more proper and much larger location down towards Norwood and Walpole. I think even when they open additional Boston area sales and service sites (the Burlington area is crying out for one), they'll still need a larger southwestern suburban site than this antique Dedham one. Perhaps Erie Boch Jr. will be selling something I would think as he loves his guitar more than his dad's business. Imagine a former Boch Automile lot covered with 300 Teslas.

IIRC, Boch sold a majority of his businesses, and kept the Subaru distributorship. The new owner kept the name because of the 2+ generations of brand recognition.

I was at the Dedham store with a friend last week, picking up his Model S. The parking lot was so jammed with pending deliveries that I had to park next door. They've utterly outgrown that location.

With the three new dealership building being built almost across the street, which I think will be re-location moves by Audi/Porsche -- that should free up the Audi/Porsche dealership on the same side. I'm wondering if they'd be looking to expand there, or if they're just looking at adding another sales/service center elsewhere, like Burlington, which could service Northern New England more easily...