Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Deep Blue Metallic color change?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've been checking my order page compulsively since I ordered my Model S. It's currently built and in-transit (I'm supposed to take delivery next week).

Up until this afternoon, the color showed as the nice dark "deep blue metallic" that I ordered. Now, however, it's showing as the same (much lighter) blue from the Model 3. It looks like all of the marketing/etc images on the site have been updated to reflect this change.

Anyone know when this changed? I just *really* hope it's a website/cosmetic thing to reflect the current state of things and not a "surprise, we actually painted your car this other blue you don't like!".

I'm not talking about the super dark blue, I'm talking about the deep blue metallic. I've seen a couple of other threads reporting the same thing re: blue changing on the website so it must be a cosmetic thing only.

I was almost sure the model 3 blue was lighter like that.... I've only seen one blue model 3 in person, though, to be fair.

Do you guys know if tesla has changed their exterior blue color over time? For example, I know Tesla's white changed overtime because now they multi-coat it whereas before it was plain white. Please let me know!

Teslas exterior blue used to be a dark royal blue from 2013-2015. Around that time they switched it to ‘Ocean blue’ for a brief 8-10 months. This was gorgeous actually as it was named aptly for the California ocean in the sun. This was discontinued and the Deep blue metallic came out of it until present. This was a slightly darker version of the Ocean blue hue.

it could be that the new MS is returning back to that ocean blue colour? Anyone seem a pic of a blue 2020 raven next to a 2021 New design MS?