Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Deep Blue Metallic Model 3 Photos

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Az_Rael

Supporting Member
Jan 26, 2016
Palmdale, CA
We should start some color threads for easy reference and for those who are still deciding! I will start out with the Deep Blue Metallic thread.

Took some glamour photos of mine this morning as well as what it looked like under the lights at the delivery center. Enjoy!

IS5A6490sm.jpg
IS5A6495_HDRsm.jpg
20180106_140659.jpg

Very professional ! Camera? Filters? Photo Editor? Is mural color Photoshopped?
Camera was my 5D mark iii. Filter was a polarizer. Run all my photos thru Lightroom as I shoot RAW. This one had to go thru Photoshop too to get rid of the reflections of me in the car. The mural color is like that in real life.

Perhaps go easy on the filters (if you used any)? Readers might want to see the car in its neutral colour for comparison

Fair enough. I figure these type of threads can be used to collect all photos of the car color: regular street shots, photo shoots, sunlight, overcast, etc. I do like to see pics of a color from all of those sources when researching.

Always appreciate seeing car colors in varying lighting conditions. I agonized (yeah, first world problem) over the color of my S. I almost always choose bright colors for my cars (red, yellow, blue, etc.), but the exact "shade" of those colors makes all the difference in the world. The original blue on the Model S was a midnight blue. The current blue on the S and 3 is much brighter, but I have been surprised over the course of the last year or so when I have seen it in lower light conditions (i.e. poor weather, dusk, etc.) where it darkens considerably. Indeed, one saw this color across an intersection from me and didn't immediately recognize it as the "new" blue.

Beyond the color itself, the shape of a car can serve to highlight (or not) a given color.

I look forward to seeing more shots of the 3 in this color!

Greetings,

I am taking delivery in about a week, ideally; but might be away on business. I am still questioning my color choice; I went with the Deep Blue Metallic, thinking that I have a Signature Red Model S that would compliment it well. The more I think about it though, the more I am leaning towards the Multi-coat Red. The red just seems to draw the lines better, and the blue seems to be very muted unless in direct sunlight.

My concern about the red was that it is going to be much lighter than the Model S, and might look silly side by side; but at the same time, I am probably the only one that will see them side by side.... sooooooooo.

Please share any of your thoughts / recommendations, I am running out of time ;-)

Regards,

- MJ

Greetings,

I am taking delivery in about a week, ideally; but might be away on business. I am still questioning my color choice; I went with the Deep Blue Metallic, thinking that I have a Signature Red Model S that would compliment it well. The more I think about it though, the more I am leaning towards the Multi-coat Red. The red just seems to draw the lines better, and the blue seems to be very muted unless in direct sunlight.

My concern about the red was that it is going to be much lighter than the Model S, and might look silly side by side; but at the same time, I am probably the only one that will see them side by side.... sooooooooo.

Please share any of your thoughts / recommendations, I am running out of time ;-)

Regards,

- MJ

I don't think they will look silly side by side. We had a fire engine red S4 in the garage next to my multicoat red S in our garage for a while before my husband bought his Tesla. Our truck is a red closer to the Sig red. It just looked like we REALLY liked red cars, LOL.

The red is a very striking color, and if I hadn't already had it on my S, I would have gone for that instead of the blue.

Bit of an old thread, but came across it trying to find photos of the blue model 3.

Man, I always wanted a blue car. I was going to get the Model 3 in blue. But after I saw a few in person I've been discouraged, to my eyes it seems almost purple and blue only under direct sunlight in certain spots.

I am now truly torn between Blue, Midnight Silver, and Red.

If only they made a more solid / brighter blue. :(