Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Deep Blue Metallic Model Y Picture Thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was thinking/planning blue with white interior-how's experience with the white seat? My M3 is blue/black.
I absolutely love the white seats. The white vegan leather seems softer than on the Tesla black seats, and multiple Tesla sales people have told me that as well. And they are never very hot even in the direct sun (I hated my previous black leather seats for that reason).
They are really easy to clean with simple baby wipes, then use leather protectant or wipes occasionally. I did get just a bottle of 303 leather cleaner to try as well, for any tougher stains, but I have not tried it yet. I have 9K miles over 9 months on mine. In general they look absolutely brand new, though on one rear seat I have slight shadow of a stain that I don’t know where it came from. I don’t have any blue jean transfer on the drivers seat, but I don’t wear blue jeans all the time. I do quickly wipe down the drivers seat every other week or so with the baby wipes. Once a month on the other seats.
There are YouTube videos of people using brushes to clean them, but I have not considered that yet. There are even videos of users pouring red wine on the seats, then just wiping them clean! I assume that would be on ones that have been ceramic coated for better protection.
With kids or dogs, not sure the white seats would be the right choice. Without either, it is no brainer... the white seats are awesome!

I absolutely love the white seats. The white vegan leather seems softer than on the Tesla black seats, and multiple Tesla sales people have told me that as well. And they are never very hot even in the direct sun (I hated my previous black leather seats for that reason).
They are really easy to clean with simple baby wipes, then use leather protectant or wipes occasionally. I did get just a bottle of 303 leather cleaner to try as well, for any tougher stains, but I have not tried it yet. I have 9K miles over 9 months on mine. In general they look absolutely brand new, though on one rear seat I have slight shadow of a stain that I don’t know where it came from. I don’t have any blue jean transfer on the drivers seat, but I don’t wear blue jeans all the time. I do quickly wipe down the drivers seat every other week or so with the baby wipes. Once a month on the other seats.
There are YouTube videos of people using brushes to clean them, but I have not considered that yet. There are even videos of users pouring red wine on the seats, then just wiping them clean! I assume that would be on ones that have been ceramic coated for better protection.
With kids or dogs, not sure the white seats would be the right choice. Without either, it is no brainer... the white seats are awesome!
From what I understand, blue jeans tend to transfer dye to them. It can be cleaned off, but it's a pain. And I literally wear nothing but jeans.

I love the white also but have two young kids. :/

Here’s my LR MY with black interior and 20” wheels picked up last Wednesday.

Attachments

• A237EA3D-D84F-4134-AE0E-3F0B0DAA2772.jpeg
    A237EA3D-D84F-4134-AE0E-3F0B0DAA2772.jpeg
    382.9 KB · Views: 1,293
Is the MY blue even the same as the other models? I've seen blue S's, X's and 3's and it never made me do a double take...well maybe on the X, but I've only seen one or two blue X's. The blue on the Y is really eye catching! I was planning to wrap my Y with a BMW style blue that they use on their M-series, but this blue looks almost just like BMW's San Marino Blue. The $1000 upgrade is better than several thousand for a wrap.
It could just be that you like the way the blue looks with the black trim.

Deep Blue Metallic Model Y with 20 inch TSS Flow Forged Wheel in Space Gray
  • Size: 20x10"
  • Offset: +40 Rear
  • Bolt Pattern (PCD): 5x114.3
  • Center Bore: 64.1 (Tesla Model Y Performance Compatible)
  • Weight: 30.45 lbs
  • Load Rating: 900 kg/1,980 lbs
  • Tire Size: 255/40-20
View attachment 528855 View attachment 528856

Nice will probably get these for my winter setup. Can you test range with these? I want to see if going from 21->20 increases the range back up to 316, or if thats only possible with the stock 19 Gemini's.

BTW do you guys know how much the stock 21s weigh?

Last edited:
Nice will probably get these for my winter setup. Can you test range with these? I want to see if going from 21->20 increases the range back up to 316, or if thats only possible with the stock 19 Gemini's.

BTW do you guys know how much the stock 21s weigh?

We will weigh them soon on our Mettler Toledo calibrated scale (same scales fedex and many other professional shipper's use) to get an accurate reading, but from what we know just by taking them off our Performance Y, they're bricks. The wheel & tire assembly weighs upwards of 65lbs up front. Add a couple more lbs for the rear.

Lots of room for improvement in weight. Our forged 21x9.5" / 21x10.5" should save at least 20% in reduced weight.

Reactions: MJP.P3D-