Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Deep Blue Metallic Model Y Picture Thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
They definitely ARE heated. Like I said when mine was just sitting at the charger with the defrost on the ice had melted on the radar enough I was able to just brush it right off. I think it just can't keep it warm enough while driving in some conditions to prevent build up. Keep a snow brush in the car and pull over and let it sit for few minutes then brush it off when that happens. That is my plan at least.

I wonder if you can apply a ceramic coating or aqua-pel to those without causing color issues with the finish or functionality issues. That might keep the layer of snow/ice from adhering to it, or if it does, extremely easy to wipe off.

I wonder if you can apply a ceramic coating or aqua-pel to those without causing color issues with the finish or functionality issues. That might keep the layer of snow/ice from adhering to it, or if it does, extremely easy to wipe off.
Having the car properly waxed would most likely help a lot too. I've had no time to get it professionally washed and waxed since I took delivery. I can't do it myself since I live in an apartment and there is no place to do it. But I have a feeling that in freezing rain it's going to always be an issue. Especially when there is other traffic throwing up spray you have to drive through. I have a feeling that if I hadn't been getting sprayed by other cars it would have been fine the whole way.

TBH, I'm not even upset or worried about the radar freezing over. There is only so much you can do for conditions like that. I just don't understand why it couldn't work as a traditional cruise control still. My Subaru Legacy would fall back to standard cruise control when weather conditions were so bad it couldn't use the cameras and ultrasonic sensors reliably to track cars in front.

Rainy day in Socal!

Just got my wheels/calipers painted and installed roof rack

IMG_0278.jpg
IMG_0279.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_0277.jpg
    IMG_0277.jpg
    441 KB · Views: 339
Reactions: gillfoto
Thanks! I think I recently saw these on a Subaru Forester in person and thought to myself "those look cool, I wonder how they will look on a Model Y". Is your MY lifted?
No, but I did buy the Kit as my wife was a little doubtful over access; since Nov 2020 (beginning ownership - she's daily driver) I haven't heard her mention it.