Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Deep Blue Metallic Model Y Picture Thread

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
8/15 delivery, MYLR w inductions
8D78F887-45E0-41EB-A655-F9535613DC05.jpeg

@meh_ what else have you done to your car? The color looks really wet and shiny. Any details you can provide on the dip?

I used 4 cans of HyperDip and it took a few hours since I did around 8 coats. I was originally hesitant because of the silver ring but I think it looks great.

Nothing on the paint - I want ceramic coating but I'm too lazy to drop m car off somewhere.

Reactions: timeshifter
Absolutely love the blue :) 70% tint on windshield and 50% on both front windows. Full front PPF.

View attachment 785374
The Tesla blue always looks awesome; not as flashy to the cops as red, but way more character than white or black. If you feel the hot CA sun through the glass roof, consider installing a good heat rejection 35% tint to the upper glass. I did this on my 3 and I really love it; really helps mitigate the hot sun but still light enough to see the peaks on a mountain drive.

The Tesla blue always looks awesome; not as flashy to the cops as red, but way more character than white or black. If you feel the hot CA sun through the glass roof, consider installing a good heat rejection 35% tint to the upper glass. I did this on my 3 and I really love it; really helps mitigate the hot sun but still light enough to see the peaks on a mountain drive.
Thanks for the advice! I was thinking about it - got a quote for $350 from the same place I did the windows/windshield, sounds reasonable I think? I definitely would prefer a cool car cabin.

Matte Black Tesla Emblems for frunk and hatch, MODEL Y hatch emblem, A-Premium Amazon Mudflaps front and back and DIY AvalonKing Armor Shield IX ceramic coating. Waiting for front tires to arrive so I can upgrade to taller and wider Michelin's to protect the wheels and give me a better ride.

Attachments

• IMG_0106.jpg
    IMG_0106.jpg
    897.4 KB · Views: 397
  • IMG_0130.jpg
    IMG_0130.jpg
    703.9 KB · Views: 367
  • IMG_0215.jpg
    IMG_0215.jpg
    80.1 KB · Views: 331
Ordered my first electric car yesterday, pretty stoked. ‘22 Y performance in blue with black interior. The white looks awesome but I’m concerned abt my jeans and belt discoloring. Eta says sept 3-oct15. Just moved to evergreen
I really like the white as well but went with black because I don't like the white plastic piece on the dash, If it came with the wood I would have gotten it. Of course, I've since learned that it can be wrapped.

Most people say that baby wipes remove most, if not all, of any schmutz you might get on the white seats. #teamblue