TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Deep blue metallic owners - thoughts?

Discussion in 'Model S' started by buckerine, Jul 20, 2016.

1. buckerine

buckerine Member

Calling all deep blue metallic owners, particularly of the refreshed model. How are you feeling about your choice? Thoughts? How's your experience been with keeping it clean? Better than black? About the same?

Photos would be more than welcome too!

2. pedriscoll

pedriscoll True Blue Tesla Fan

I absolutely love the color. I think it is better than black in terms of not showing dirt as much. I do have paint protection which does keep it cleaner. I have had very frequent compliments on the color. Go for it!

• Like x 1
  3. cash227

cash227 Member

Every word of what he said;);)

4. zambono

zambono Member

Here is a pic

Attached Files:

5. Ohji

Ohji Member

I don't own a DBM Model S... yet! But I have one on order for November delivery. I too had a lot of trouble deciding, as I was torn between Pearl White and Deep Blue.

I found this random video on YouTube, and I think it really shows off the color well.

There is also this video of a Deep Blue Metallic Model X that I love. One of the reasons I asked for a later delivery is I am hoping the ultra white seats come to the Model S. I think this is a stunning color combo!!

• Like x 1
  6. Larry Hutchinson

Yes, I love the color and all my friends have commented how good it looks.

This is a replacement for my 2013 S40 which was so dark blue you could barely tell it was not black.

7. TorqueIt

TorqueIt Member

DBM is truly a beautiful color. Just be warned that it will attract more (99% positive) attention than a black or grey Tesla, whether that's a pro or con for you.

8. CmdrThor

CmdrThor Member

Love my Deep Blue Metallic Model X. I have the full front and all doors protected with paint protection film so those areas are super easy to clean. The rest doesn't seem too difficult either. I wash the car on average every 10 days with Optimum No Rinse.

9. ABCCBA

ABCCBA Member

I have owned many, many vehicles. White AMG S63, White LS460, White XC90, Black Edge Sport, Black Camaro RS and many more. But, my two personal favorites are Deep Blue Metallic '98 GS400 and a '15 S85D . Wonderful depth, easy to keep clean and always stand out in a crowd. Tesla_Lexus.jpg TMCProfile03262016a.jpg 2016-05-16 10.38.45.jpg 2016-03-26 14.30.52.jpg TMCProfile03262016.jpg

10. jelloslug

jelloslug Member

I ordered an S a few weeks ago in deep blue metallic. I cannot wait for it to arrive!

11. Tazman

Tazman Member

It's absolutely perfect post opti coat... Sharp, classy, bold and 10x easier to keep clean than black. Mine has next gen Tan and figured ash. Couldn't be happier.
    20160707_190948.jpg

12. Vip

Vip Member

Travelled through the Cincinnati Supercharger/Service Center and they had tons of blue Model S and Model X. They looked amazing. A local friend also got the Blue and definitely stands out. The Deep blue would be my color of choice if I put in an order right now!

13. Sir Guacamolaf

Sir Guacamolaf The good kind of fat

Owned mine for a year now. I never get tired of looking at it.

• Like x 1
  14. buckerine

buckerine Member

Yep, I love about 10 minutes away from the Cincinnati SC. I'm guessing they delivered around 4-5 deep blues last week. They looked great. There are a couple test drive models out in the front now of both the X and S.

15. buckerine

buckerine Member

Easier to keep clean than black, eh? That's actually surprising to me given that it's nearly as dark as black.

16. S4WRXTTCS

S4WRXTTCS Active Member

Still love the color

Still hate that Tesla doesn't have touch up paint for it.

• Like x 1
  17. willcasp

willcasp Member

I wanted the dark silver. My wife wanted the blue. I went with the blue. I don't regret it at all.

18. Tazman

Tazman Member

It's not as dark as it looks in that picture...much, much easier to keep clean.

19. Tex EV

Tex EV Member

All of my previous cars were black, grey, or white. This is my first "loud" color, and I couldn't be happier. Have gotten many positive comments on it. IMG_20160716_114321.jpg

20. ShotgunF15E

ShotgunF15E Member

My last car was black. This is much better. I get compliments EVERY where I go.

Attached Files: