Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Deep blue metallic owners - thoughts?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Heres a picture of my DBM X and my Metallic Blue S. I have the white seats in my X and I think it looks awesome. Both cars are dirty in this pic, note the DBM still looks pretty amazing.
IMG_4779.JPG

Since everyone's showing off, and yeah mine isn't facelift, but I do love her.
Day and night shot. Both taken with my phone, no special camera.
Worth mentioning that I got black headliner, black leather. I feel it goes very well with black.

But .. there is no "bad looking" Tesla.

upload_2016-7-21_2-47-10.png

upload_2016-7-21_2-47-48.png

It is a very attractive color. The undercoat primer that TM uses is a light grey and this fact is not a good one as far as rock chips are concerned. The blue color deserves a front end wrap for chip protection unless you just do not care too much about how the car looks over time.

Since most of our cars are pretty new at this point touch-up paint, if available, would be a good choice. As cars age, though, the paint color gradually changes and the manufacturer-provided touch-up paint -- which is based on the brand-new paint color -- ceases to be a perfect match. A custom match done by a car-care professional will match the actual color of your car, right now.

I've never heard of this, and $20 is about the price of Tesla's touch up paint anyways. Cool, I'll need to look into this.
Automotive paint stores are where lots of body shops get their paint mixed anyway. Just be sure they match the paint and not just mix it from the color code. Most shops have a book of color chips that have holes in them so you can lay the color over the existing paint and check the match. I have manually matched paint like that several times before and you could not tell the old from the new.

• Informative
Reactions: Max*
Calling all deep blue metallic owners, particularly of the refreshed model. How are you feeling about your choice? Thoughts? How's your experience been with keeping it clean? Better than black? About the same?

Photos would be more than welcome too!
if you ask me, Deep Blue Metallic is the best colour, of course :)
Every time someone stops to take a look or talk to me about the car they always compliment the colour.
No problem keeping it clean, doesn't seem to show the dirt too much.

I have a pre-refresh model, but here are some photos I previously posted elsewhere:

DSC07259.JPG
DSC07267.JPG
DSC07276.JPG
IMG_4935.jpg
RedP90DL_Blue70D.jpg

while I'm at it, some additional photos of the grey next gen interior which contrasts nicely with the deep blue exterior, see posts #1 and #21 in this other old thread:
Photos: Grey Next Gen seats + Carbon Fiber + Black Alcantara + Premium Front Console

Reactions: ModelX and ABCCBA