Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Deep blue metallic owners - thoughts?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When I got my car in '14, the dark blue was the only blue available, but my favorite blue is the LeMans Blue on my BMW M5. Over two years, I learned to like it, but it was always too dark.

So when Tesla came out with the DBM... what could I do? I wasn't going to trade-in my car.. love the P85+ too much. So (I posted about this before), I did what could do to approximate the Tesla DBM... by getting my car dipped with Autoflex and a matte/sating finish

Hank,

Was your Autoflex done in CT? How's it holding up?

Hank,

Was your Autoflex done in CT? How's it holding up?

When I posted that message, I had my P85+ Autoflexed, you can read about that here:

Dipped my car: Autoflex Matte + ZTA Hypershift + Blueberry Juice

But I sold the P85+, and just had my P85D Autoflexed a different color a couple of weeks ago. You can read about that here:

Dipped again! This time Deep Sea Blue + Blueberry Juice in Autoflex Satin

Both were done in Brooklyn by Pro Dipper NYC

The AF on the P85+ held up great.

Maybe I’m posting this in the wrong section but as a recent MS DBM buyer, I’d love to know how some of you are able to make the paint look so good? Especially those that literally look wet... I love the color but my car doesn’t “pop” like any of yours and I hope I can make it so for a reasonable amount of $$$. Thoughts/Suggestions?

Maybe I’m posting this in the wrong section but as a recent MS DBM buyer, I’d love to know how some of you are able to make the paint look so good? Especially those that literally look wet... I love the color but my car doesn’t “pop” like any of yours and I hope I can make it so for a reasonable amount of $$$. Thoughts/Suggestions?

Paint Protection Film is the way to go : Xpel, Suntek, Stek etc. Expensive up front but a breeze to keep clean, scratch resistant and that pop you are seeking.

This is after a five hour detail
IMG_20180513_184734.jpg
IMG_20180513_184746.jpg

Man that’s nice! I really like the way it looks wet and deep at the same time (trying to be serious even though I used deep and wet in the same sentence....just don’t know how else to describe it). Do you have film on this car or what did you use to get that shine?!?!
Thanks for the kind words. My routine is as follows:

Every 3 months: Wash, seal, and wax with Jescar Powerlock Plus and Collinite 845. Gloss is amazing after taking off the Jescar.

Every week: Two bucket method with Chemical Guys Glossworkz. Use Meguiars Xpress Spray Wax when drying the car. If I'm feeling extra frisky I'll apply Sonax Brilliant Shine Detailer.

Let me know if you have any question.

DBM looks awesome when clean and good enough when dirty. Only the red one comes near!

However I decided to wrap the car and to have something different I went with Xpel Stealth. Looks gorgeous to me. But clear Xpel looks good as well...

Attachments

• 20170526_143110.jpg
    20170526_143110.jpg
    765.2 KB · Views: 140
  • 2018-06-15 16.25.29.jpg
    2018-06-15 16.25.29.jpg
    1,019.8 KB · Views: 136
Reactions: JPUConn