Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Deep Blue Metallic PPSB touch up paint

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Seems to me the price of the official PPSB touch up paint is pretty expensive. The kit from Tesla is $55.00, and it does not contain a quick Pen type applicator to do quick touchups of very minor super small rock chips. I purchased the kit for future larger repairs, but did not want to open the bottle for a single tiny rock chip. Plus it's a two step process, not really necessary for what I wanted to repair.

So I went on the hunt and found to my pleasant surprise, Dupli-Color Perfect Match 8 oz Dark Blue Metallic Spray Paint (O'Reilly Auto Parts number BGM0393, color code 28/WA8264). I actually had a can in my garage from a past paint job repair for an old Honda CR-V. It's only $10.49.

It's for sure not an exact match, but for tiny pencil lead size chips, it's amazingly close. I tried to find that color in the Scratch Fix All, which has a great applicator for tiny rock chips, but Duple-Color does not have one in the Dark Blue Metallic color.

What I did was find a tiny tipped paint brush (size of a pencil lead), spray some of the paint into a tiny cup, and was ready to touch up my first tiny rock chip that left the white undercoat showing on my hood.

I am pretty picky person, but I was extremely satisfied with the results.

Anyway, thought I would share....
Vanteer