Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Deep Blue Metallic - Show me pictures of your car today!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
IMG_20190801_075640529_HDR.jpg
IMG_20190801_084610080_HDR.jpg
Looks great! I got switched to a Stealth.. should be here soon!
I keep waiting to see your new georgeous 3! Man have you collected some cool pics of my favorite color. Here's a few more to hold you over until you get yours...:cool:
IMG_20190801_075640529_HDR.jpg
IMG_20190801_084610080_HDR.jpg

• Love
Reactions: iamroy
Reactions: Kleenerth3
Looks badass! I see you took your Aero covers off. Have you noticed significant range loss? I actually think the covers look cool, but the wheels underneath are a lot better!
I leave the Aero covers off unless we're taking a long drive or on a trip. Around town city driving doesn't make any difference and those Aeros are too easy to pop off in a parking lot. You might get them back with sentry, but what a hassle. We've been to Phoenix from SD and we notice a little effect in range. Every little bit helps on a long drive. Other than that, I keep them hanging in the designated Tesla parking.
15746468367711207555030467570564.jpg

Reactions: iamroy
@jkoya @CaptainMorgs, two questions:

1) How did you handle the chrome delete with the "dual motor" badge on the rear trunk?

2) Did you chrome delete the Tesla badges as well? (I believe you did but can barely see glimpses in photos posted)

For mine, the dual motor and Tesla badges were all painted black. I have a buddy that owns a shop that did it for me. He removed the badges to paint them and then put them back.

@jkoya @CaptainMorgs, two questions:

1) How did you handle the chrome delete with the "dual motor" badge on the rear trunk?

2) Did you chrome delete the Tesla badges as well? (I believe you did but can barely see glimpses in photos posted)

For mine, my car is completely de-badged. The front and rear "T" emblems were removed for the PPF install and I never had them re-installed. I do have both the OEM Dual Motor Badge and OEM spoiler, but never had them installed either. Both are still brand new in the packaging....

Sorry about straying from the main topic of the thread...

For mine, the dual motor and Tesla badges were all painted black. I have a buddy that owns a shop that did it for me. He removed the badges to paint them and then put them back.

Thanks for your response. I'm going to make my Tesla badges black but didn't know if it was possible to have them wrapped (too delicate?). I'll probably follow in your footsteps and have them painted.

For mine, my car is completely de-badged. The front and rear "T" emblems were removed for the PPF install and I never had them re-installed. I do have both the OEM Dual Motor Badge and OEM spoiler, but never had them installed either. Both are still brand new in the packaging....

I appreciate you straightening me out.

Good eye, jkoya and another welcome to the threads @jostrick! Enjoy your beautiful 3! :cool:

Thanks for the warm reception from both of y'all, @jkoya. I'm hopefully receiving my Performance in a few weeks and have already fallen down the rabbit hole of specifying PPF, chrome delete, and the tint that'll go on it as soon as I take delivery.

• Love

There is also the less permanent plastidip option to chrome delete the badges... I've never used plastidip, but just ordered a wheel kit to change the color of my new wheels from satin titanium to a dark bonze color.

Hope you have a great delivery experience and post some pics after delivery !!