Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

deep blue metallic with gray or silver wheels?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
i have a couple days left to edit my config. I'm getting the deep blue metallic exterior with a white interior (love this combo).

I'm having a tough time deciding between the tires. I really like the gray tires but I'm worried they don't contrast with the blue as well as the silver and that they don't match the color of the handles. Has anyone gotten the blue with grey or silver tires? Would love to hear people's thoughts.

open
open
GRAY! I had a loaner with that combo that looked amazing.
20160827_084809.jpg
Silver! Just to so we are even... But to be honest I love my silver wheels. I like the contrast a lot better. I don't like dark wheels, car always looks like its missing something IMHO, you be you and let me be me ;)

Attachments

• 20160922_075521.jpg
    20160922_075521.jpg
    505.2 KB · Views: 771
Last edited:
i have a couple days left to edit my config. I'm getting the deep blue metallic exterior with a white interior (love this combo).

I'm having a tough time deciding between the tires. I really like the gray tires but I'm worried they don't contrast with the blue as well as the silver and that they don't match the color of the handles. Has anyone gotten the blue with grey or silver tires? Would love to hear people's thoughts.

Definitely SILVER.

thanks for the responses guys! I think I do agree that silver goes better with the blue but I really love the grey tires. Im thinking about doing a red exterior with a cream interior and gray tires. Does anyone happen to have any shots with a cream interior?

Im thinking about doing a red exterior with a cream interior and gray tires.

Here's something close - My Signature Red with powdercoated glossy black turbines and Signature white interior (which I think is close to the new cream interior).

I personally have a strong preference for dark wheels for a more aggressive look that will stand out, although I think silver wheels can make for a more classy and elegant look. On our silver Model S I'm very happy with silver cyclones.

IMG_2224.JPG

Here's something close - My Signature Red with powdercoated glossy black turbines and Signature white interior (which I think is close to the new cream interior).

I personally have a strong preference for dark wheels for a more aggressive look that will stand out, although I think silver wheels can make for a more classy and elegant look. On our silver Model S I'm very happy with silver cyclones.

View attachment 243019
Thanks! I completely agree, the dark wheels give it a more aggressive look (which I tend to like) but with the blue color it doesnt pop as much.

The gray wheels with the red looks really nice -- I was worried that the white interior didn't go too well with red, how do you like that interior color?

Silver for elegance, grey for sport. More likely grey if you plan to do a chrome delete.

I have grey on midnight silver and it was an easy call. Like you I would have a hard time choosing with a blue car. You can always powder coat the silver grey or black later.

Silver for elegance, grey for sport. More likely grey if you plan to do a chrome delete.

I have grey on midnight silver and it was an easy call. Like you I would have a hard time choosing with a blue car. You can always powder coat the silver grey or black later.
Yes midnight silver with grey was a great combination that I was considering as well. Those wheels go perfect with that car.

I like your suggestion about powdercoating in the future and I think that's what I'm going to do.
I'm considering doing a stealth wrap on top of the deep blue metallic (someone else did that and posted these picture: Model S -- Deep Blue Metallic with xPel Stealth + Ceramic Pro). The color looks amazing there and I think grey wheels would go really nicely with the matte / satin blue you get from stealth wrapping.