TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

deep blue metallic with gray or silver wheels?

Discussion in 'Model S: Interior & Exterior' started by wrench604, Aug 21, 2017.

1. wrench604

wrench604 Member

i have a couple days left to edit my config. I'm getting the deep blue metallic exterior with a white interior (love this combo).

I'm having a tough time deciding between the tires. I really like the gray tires but I'm worried they don't contrast with the blue as well as the silver and that they don't match the color of the handles. Has anyone gotten the blue with grey or silver tires? Would love to hear people's thoughts.

2. skhenry81

skhenry81 Member

GRAY! I had a loaner with that combo that looked amazing.

3. Blup85

Blup85 Member

#3 Blup85, Aug 21, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2017
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    20160827_084809.jpg
    Silver! Just to so we are even... But to be honest I love my silver wheels. I like the contrast a lot better. I don't like dark wheels, car always looks like its missing something IMHO, you be you and let me be me ;)

Attached Files:

4. dog_car

dog_car New Member

I plan on getting the silver wheels - I like the contrast against the blue. On the other hand, the grey wheels contrast well with the white and silver cars. The grey also require less cleaning (break dust, etc.).

5. Blup85

Blup85 Member

Sorry, upload doesn't seem to work. Trying again.

To give a comparison.

Attached Files:

6. Tsportline

Tsportline Vendor

7. yak-55

yak-55 Member

Definitely SILVER.

8. buttershrimp

buttershrimp Member

As Wesley Snipes would say, Always bet on black. (I think he was also referring to gray)

9. wrench604

wrench604 Member

thanks for the responses guys! I think I do agree that silver goes better with the blue but I really love the grey tires. Im thinking about doing a red exterior with a cream interior and gray tires. Does anyone happen to have any shots with a cream interior?

10. shrink

shrink Supporting Member

Here's something close - My Signature Red with powdercoated glossy black turbines and Signature white interior (which I think is close to the new cream interior).

I personally have a strong preference for dark wheels for a more aggressive look that will stand out, although I think silver wheels can make for a more classy and elegant look. On our silver Model S I'm very happy with silver cyclones.

IMG_2224.JPG

11. wrench604

wrench604 Member

Thanks! I completely agree, the dark wheels give it a more aggressive look (which I tend to like) but with the blue color it doesnt pop as much.

The gray wheels with the red looks really nice -- I was worried that the white interior didn't go too well with red, how do you like that interior color?

12. conman

conman Member

Grey all the way. This was my baby when I picked it up.
    Tesla1.jpg

13. kev1n

kev1n Member

so many replies and im surprised no one corrected him.. they are color of the wheels, not tires...

both will flow well with blue, you can do either one. just dont get black.

14. wrench604

wrench604 Member

looks really nice! what color interior did you get there?

15. conman

conman Member

The black option, leather with carbon fibre trim.

16. Swift

Swift Member

Silver for elegance, grey for sport. More likely grey if you plan to do a chrome delete.

I have grey on midnight silver and it was an easy call. Like you I would have a hard time choosing with a blue car. You can always powder coat the silver grey or black later.

17. wrench604

wrench604 Member

lol just a mistake -- i put wheels in the title.

18. wrench604

wrench604 Member

Yes midnight silver with grey was a great combination that I was considering as well. Those wheels go perfect with that car.

I like your suggestion about powdercoating in the future and I think that's what I'm going to do.
    I'm considering doing a stealth wrap on top of the deep blue metallic (someone else did that and posted these picture: Model S -- Deep Blue Metallic with xPel Stealth + Ceramic Pro). The color looks amazing there and I think grey wheels would go really nicely with the matte / satin blue you get from stealth wrapping.

19. ⚡️ELECTROMAN⚡️

⚡️ELECTROMAN⚡️ Fritterer and waster of hours in an off hand wayer

We knew what he was talking about, so there was no need to correct him.

20. ⚡️ELECTROMAN⚡️

⚡️ELECTROMAN⚡️ Fritterer and waster of hours in an off hand wayer

I think I like the silver better. I'm surprised because I'm a big fan of dark grey wheels. I don't like the 21" silver wheels. Wondering if the silver 19s might look the best with the blue.