Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Deep scratch - recommendations on where to repair in SoCal?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
IMG_5363.JPG
BD097FA2-EB67-4E47-9B63-C664A0141213.jpg
Left my Tesla Model S in a hotel parking lot overnight and walked up to my car today to find a 2" long scratch that is very deep. I know it's just an aesthetic flaw but I have taken really good care of my car and have made it over a year without any dings by being concious of where I park my vehicle. Unfortunately, I had no choice last night and had to park my car in an embassy suites parking lot where I was staying for the night. It's in a very unusual spot on the door so I don't think it was done with a car door but I can't imagine what was strong enough to make such a distinct scratch. Is there anyone here who has had body work done on their Tesla in the South Bay/ Los Angeles area? My guess is they will have to sand down the area and repaint the entire door to make it look like new again. I prefer not to go through my insurance for fear of raising my premium costs. From what I can tell there isn't an actual dent but it's really hard to tell. Any thoughts/ suggestions would be much appreciated!

Ouch. Hope it wasn't done intentionally by someone. Find a good detailer that does a lot of work with Teslas and other high end cars and take it to them for an estimate. Probably cheaper than a body shop. I'd recommend ours but wrong part of the State. Ours is Midnight Silver too and I'd be concerned about a good paint match.

Guessing you didn't have any type of wrap on it?

Ouch. Hope it wasn't done intentionally by someone. Find a good detailer that does a lot of work with Teslas and other high end cars and take it to them for an estimate. Probably cheaper than a body shop. I'd recommend ours but wrong part of the State. Ours is Midnight Silver too and I'd be concerned about a good paint match.

Guessing you didn't have any type of wrap on it?
Thanks for the advice! No wrap unfortunately. The scratch looks more deliberate than accidental but I guess I'll never know. I contacted a guy who specialized in tesla dent repair so we shall see if his expertise extends to paint repair.

A-holes come in all sizes and shapes. Some just hate EVs. I read on one board that Teslas are just golf carts. I guess that would mean the Lamborghinis are nothing more than Honda lawn mowers.

Sorry to hear that happened. Actually, I'm pretty pissed when something like this occurs.

As far as insurance, you'll have to check with your insurance company. Mine doesn't raise premiums unless I'm somehow at fault.

Reactions: croman
View attachment 231831 View attachment 231832 Left my Tesla Model S in a hotel parking lot overnight and walked up to my car today to find a 2" long scratch that is very deep. I know it's just an aesthetic flaw but I have taken really good care of my car and have made it over a year without any dings by being concious of where I park my vehicle. Unfortunately, I had no choice last night and had to park my car in an embassy suites parking lot where I was staying for the night. It's in a very unusual spot on the door so I don't think it was done with a car door but I can't imagine what was strong enough to make such a distinct scratch. Is there anyone here who has had body work done on their Tesla in the South Bay/ Los Angeles area? My guess is they will have to sand down the area and repaint the entire door to make it look like new again. I prefer not to go through my insurance for fear of raising my premium costs. From what I can tell there isn't an actual dent but it's really hard to tell. Any thoughts/ suggestions would be much appreciated!
Dave Freed at Premiere Motorsports is the absolute best but will only work on Ferrari, Lambo and other exotics. His old business partner Mike Kawakami owns Ultimate Coachworks near the Sony studios in Culver City and has worked on Bentleys, Ferraris and Benzes for me. Does flawless work and if you don't like anything he will correct it. PM me and I will tell you my real name - I'm a picky bastard and he knows my standards. Tell him I sent you and I expect him to be as anal with your cars as with mine.

• Helpful
Reactions: TaoJones