Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

'Deep Space' Wrap!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi All,

I found a wrap color I love called 'Deep Space' which is a color-flip wrap, so based on viewing angle in relation to light the car appears to be blue or purple predominately.

I found a video of this wrap on a Model 3 on a channel called 'Paul Smart'. Maybe the owner is a member of this forum? I'm curious what this cost to have done. I may just call my local installer and ask about it too.

I love this wrap! What are your thoughts?

h7uoQZs.png

lztddep.png

n4dUG6c.png

8WYOdZj.png

6szXWdU.png

My car is white and I love that color too, but there are plenty of white Teslas out there. This would be a nice color change, though perhaps an expensive install.

Just me but that’s a ridiculous amount of money to spend on appearances.

Definitely. A lot of people could never justify spending so much for an exterior wrap.

Our choices are uniquely are own as we make value judgements about how to spend our time, money, and effort. I would never pay a dime for a tattoo (you couldn't pay me to get one) and others spend thousands....sometimes on bad art. People spend thousands for a single-use wedding dress, or a one-night party (wedding), or have multiple children where I've chosen to have none and have ensured that there won't be any surprises. This is to say nothing of the cost of divorce, alimony, and child-support....all expenses I've consciously avoided as I've designed my life. I also avoided college debt because I knew my career didn't require it and I was spot-on.

We could easily make lists of things people spend money on that we find to be dubious. I also think spending large amounts on clothing is silly, unless it directly factors in to one's ability to make money. Spending thousands on a Birkin bag or Louboutin shoes also seems like a fool's errand, but people have their reasons and those things bring them joy (and status). In some circles, status matters or is perceived to matter.

With the wrap, it would bring me joy, appeal to my artistic sensibilities (my favorite color is purple), has sentimental meaning (my late Grandfather's Cadillac Convertible was purple and a very early memory with him), and it would set me apart from nearly every other Tesla and Model 3 (and lookalike Model Ys). It's a conversation piece, and boy do I love talking about Teslas!

Some people think Teslas are a waste of money, but for me nothing but a Tesla Model 3 would do and it fit my budget. Value judgements all the way down! You know someone out there is covered in tats, has designer clothing, spent gobs on a wedding and is driving a Daihatsu Charade! :D

All I know is that this wrap (much like the Model 3 itself) would bring me joy every time I drove or looked at the car, and it would give me a little break from my current color whilst offering a little more protection for the original paint.

WORTH IT, but that's my peculiar value system and cost/benefit assessment. Yet here I am, writing this dressed in a blue LEGO Minifig space shirt, shorts, wearing UGG boots—looking broke AF but supremely comfortable for the long hours I spend working at home. And yes, I go out like this! LOL.

Last edited:
My motorcycle has a somewhat similar paint. The change to purple not nearly as extreme but in bright sunlight it has purple and violet hues and in lesser light it appears a deep blue. I have had folks ask whether it is a blue or purple on sunny days.

Reactions: Spacep0d