Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Default OFF for headlights? (instead of AUTO)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was hoping there was a default to OFF as well. I park in my garage and every time I start my car, the lights pop on. I turn them off and then put the car in reverse and they pop back on. Not sure how long the lights last, but I hate to waste them when they aren't even needed.

They are LEDs, unless they get damaged, they will outlast the car.

Reactions: Big Earl
I was hoping there was a default to OFF as well. I park in my garage and every time I start my car, the lights pop on. I turn them off and then put the car in reverse and they pop back on. Not sure how long the lights last, but I hate to waste them when they aren't even needed.
Wow I didn’t know I would hurt some peoples feelings with some commentary, that’s pretty sad that you’re all so thin skinned, what else is the forum about if not ranting and discussing stuff.
Why do you want your headlights to stay off I could tell you a dozen reasons, like when I turned them off to pull in my driveway and I don’t want them coming on when I leave but the stupid Tesla decides that it Has to be a nanny and not allow you to make decisions.

Why do all of you accept this as something you have to accept. When did you give up the ability to use and control your car as you choose. What if I want to pull over somewhere and sneak a trip to the bathroom in the dark, so I turn the lights off as I pull in somewhere I get out and I do my thing and I get in and there’s no way to stop the damn headlights from coming back on, I can give you many other Reasons, people asked me to not have my lights on when I pull into their drive at night delivering them home so as to not wake their kids, So if I get out of the car to help unload the luggage and get back in the car is gonna force the headlights to come back on when I put it back in gear, why is this acceptable, seriously I’d like some discussion on this and why you think the car manufacturer i.e. Tesla should be in charge of how you use your vehicle.

Wow I didn’t know I would hurt some peoples feelings with some commentary, that’s pretty sad that you’re all so thin skinned, what else is the forum about if not ranting and discussing stuff.
Why do you want your headlights to stay off I could tell you a dozen reasons, like when I turned them off to pull in my driveway and I don’t want them coming on when I leave but the stupid Tesla decides that it Has to be a nanny and not allow you to make decisions.

Why do all of you accept this as something you have to accept. When did you give up the ability to use and control your car as you choose. What if I want to pull over somewhere and sneak a trip to the bathroom in the dark, so I turn the lights off as I pull in somewhere I get out and I do my thing and I get in and there’s no way to stop the damn headlights from coming back on, I can give you many other Reasons, people asked me to not have my lights on when I pull into their drive at night delivering them home so as to not wake their kids, So if I get out of the car to help unload the luggage and get back in the car is gonna force the headlights to come back on when I put it back in gear, why is this acceptable, seriously I’d like some discussion on this and why you think the car manufacturer i.e. Tesla should be in charge of how you use your vehicle.

Discussion, yes, Rants with expletives, = no, which is why I removed your other post. As for the subject matter of the thread, I have no other comments on that, however we dont allow rudeness, personal attacks, or random rants with expletives here, so if that is what you are looking for, thats not the content of this site.