Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Default Pearl White Colour

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Now that the Model 3 comes with Pearl White as the default colour, is anyone else annoyed as much as me, as I ordered the Model 3 in May, took delivery in June, and spent the $2000 (CND) for the colour upgrade... Of course if I had waited 7 more weeks, I would have spent the $2k on the 19" tires or maybe not at all. A bit of buyers remorse in that sense...

Curious to know if anyone has contacted Tesla and if they have done anything about it, ie. partial credit, etc.

Prices change.
This one was unusual and came out of nowhere so I get as a previous buyer who paid extra might have reason to be upset there should be no reason you feel entitled to compensation.
If I buy a camera / computer / TV / timeshare, etc... and the price drops months later I don't think I should get any compensation but likewise I may be upset at myself for buying too early.

On the bright side, think of how much easier finding replacement parts may be many years from now. Would you be better off having bought the silver which has since been discontinued?

Reactions: XLR82XS
Of course if I had waited 7 more weeks, I would have spent the $2k on the 19" tires or maybe not at all. A bit of buyers remorse in that sense...

Curious to know if anyone has contacted Tesla and if they have done anything about it, ie. partial credit, etc.
Unsurprisingly, over time prices change, product features change, what was once an option may now be included or new features are added at no cost.

You are not compensated for something that was not included with what you purchased and then appears later.

Now that the Model 3 comes with Pearl White as the default colour, is anyone else annoyed as much as me, as I ordered the Model 3 in May, took delivery in June, and spent the $2000 (CND) for the colour upgrade... Of course if I had waited 7 more weeks, I would have spent the $2k on the 19" tires or maybe not at all. A bit of buyers remorse in that sense...

Little late now to do anything. When in June did you take delivery?

Prices change.
This one was unusual and came out of nowhere so I get as a previous buyer who paid extra might have reason to be upset there should be no reason you feel entitled to compensation.
If I buy a camera / computer / TV / timeshare, etc... and the price drops months later I don't think I should get any compensation but likewise I may be upset at myself for buying too early.

On the bright side, think of how much easier finding replacement parts may be many years from now. Would you be better off having bought the silver which has since been discontinued?

not entirely true, most companies offer a 30 day partial refund with the price difference.
in short, yeah it sucks, but would be nice to know if tesla will do anything for these one-off's....

not entirely true, most companies offer a 30 day partial refund with the price difference.
in short, yeah it sucks, but would be nice to know if tesla will do anything for these one-off's....

I don't think your "most companies" statement is accurate. You had a 7 day return policy ; when I buy airfare I get 24 hours only and pricing on airfare goes up and down all of the time. I get it ; I would be a little upset too. You still have had an awesome car for more than a month longer than anyone who got the white for free.
You thought the price was fair for what you were buying when you bought it ; my advise is to not follow any price changes after that and remain content.
From a business point of view I think they should be able to adjust pricing as they see fit to best meet the demand without needing to compensate anyone who purchased prior no matter what ; but taking that attitude is not going to win the heart of many customers.

I suspect long term they will change to a more basic white or something cheaper for them to produce than the multi-pearl white finish. No one was predicting the multi-pearl was going to be free.