Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Default setting for Heated Seats on Mobile Climate page

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does anyone know how to set the default heated seat setting when turning on the Climate settings in mobile? It keeps my temp value (21.0 C) but all 5 heated seats are always set to MEDIUM. I have to tap 4 seats TWICE to shut them all off since most of the time I only want the driver seat on.

Thanks

I’ve noticed the same. Past couple of days when I’ve preheated my car before driving to work every single seat heater turned on and was set to the middle setting. I had to turn off all of the seat heaters except the drivers seat as I had no need for the others to be on. It would be great if it remembered the last setting used for all of the seat heaters or at the very least for it to default only heating the drivers seat.

Reactions: Falkirk
Two things. First the settings for all seats is temperature dependent. I get one if it's just over freezing. Two when at freezing or a little below. Haven't gotten three yet but others have.

Second if you override one seat like for example the driver's seat and wait a few seconds the other seats turn off.

Also lastly if you get in the car I have heard it reverts to last setting from when you were in the car if you don't override anything.

I’m going to have to check this out on my X as the last thing you want is having folded seats running. And I’ve not seen it in the first place, really strange. The times I’ve tested this all seats start off at off. But if it is temperature dependent, could make sense as mine is in a garage that right now is around 60 F (not exactly normal winter here in NoVa!).

The delay makes sense as all the commands need to go round trip to the mothership and to the car and back (for verification and to the app).

more confusing to me is the loss of the battery heat icon and defrost icon when car has been cold soaked outside for eight hours and remote climate turn ed on where did that go?seems also battery heating takes an extremely long time when driving from cold soakedcar now . today was in forties and 4 yellow bars even after 15 miles of highway driving

When I turn on climate remotely via the app, the icons show all 5 seats on level 2 heat. When I get into car I see that the rear seats are not actually on (neither in real life nor shown on in gui) and the front seats are on in the same config I left them in last time I was in the car.

When I turn on climate remotely via the app, the icons show all 5 seats on level 2 heat. If I toggle any of the seats, then a couple seconds later the app resets the seat icons to the actual situation (usually the driver seat on level 2).

This is a bug in the app that doesn't show the accurate seat heater map by default, it requires you to make a command before pulling up the accurate map (furthermore, the default map has the rear seats disabled)

When I turn on climate remotely via the app, the icons show all 5 seats on level 2 heat. When I get into car I see that the rear seats are not actually on (neither in real life nor shown on in gui) and the front seats are on in the same config I left them in last time I was in the car.

When I turn on climate remotely via the app, the icons show all 5 seats on level 2 heat. If I toggle any of the seats, then a couple seconds later the app resets the seat icons to the actual situation (usually the driver seat on level 2).

This is a bug in the app that doesn't show the accurate seat heater map by default, it requires you to make a command before pulling up the accurate map (furthermore, the default map has the rear seats disabled)

That is how mine work as well.

Reactions: halfricanguy
We tried this yesterday and looks like this is correct. Car (3) was ‘cool’ (55F) in a parking garage, we left it with seats off and I turned on climate remotely. Turning on the driver’s seat had all five seats going at level 2. Changed the driver to 1 and the rest turned off. Does look like an initialization problem.

Anyone on 2018.50? Wonder if that fixes it...

(Also looks like it’s only on the 3, our X doesn’t do it that I can see...)

We tried this yesterday and looks like this is correct. Car (3) was ‘cool’ (55F) in a parking garage, we left it with seats off and I turned on climate remotely. Turning on the driver’s seat had all five seats going at level 2. Changed the driver to 1 and the rest turned off. Does look like an initialization problem.

Anyone on 2018.50? Wonder if that fixes it...

(Also looks like it’s only on the 3, our X doesn’t do it that I can see...)

I think this is the design. Same as defog and defrost which will turn on with remote climate from the app based on temperature but won't turn on automatically if you just get in the car.

I'm on 2018.50 and same behavior.

Edit: the delay is what makes it confusing but the behavior is to auto on all seats at some level based on temperature and auto off after changing any seat but there's a 3-4 second delay for each of these.