TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Default tags

Discussion in 'Site Feedback' started by Chuq, Jul 21, 2017.

1. Chuq

Chuq Member

Just a question, I hope this is the best place to ask...

Previously I've tagged threads about specific supercharger sites with "supercharger" as well as either "[country]" or "[state/province]", or sometimes both.

I've noticed new threads are not able to be tagged "supercharger" as it has some sort of alias/redirect to "Supercharging". I tagged a couple of new threads with a new tag, "supercharger site" but I've noticed all the old threads are still labelled "supercharger".

Any preferred convention I should be following here? Is there a tool to bulk replace tags in the event the convention is changed?

2. danny

danny Administrator

So we're implementing an early version of an intelligent tagging system and that is what you are noticing. Basically tags are much more useful if we use fewer rather than many tags. So basically I've made it so that 'Supercharging' is considered the main tag. If you enter supercharge, supercharger, etc., they will automatically change into 'Supercharging' to try to keep them all under one term and make tag searches more useful.

I wouldn't user "supercharger site" but rather just use "supercharging" and then tags to describe the location.

Please have a look at our new tag navigation page:Tag Navigation Page | Tesla Motors Club
    (Note it is still being worked on).

On the left side you'll see the tags which we have designated as our primary tags. If you feel anything is missing or should be modified, please let us know your thoughts.

3. Chuq

Chuq Member

No worries, yep I noticed the tag system went back to the old style and is now back again.

Good thing with the auto-tagging is that many threads were untagged, this should change now!

I still think it would be nice if there was a separate tag for supercharging sites - given that the convention of individual threads for certain sites is fairly standard across many forums here - to keep them separate from generic threads about charging speeds, charging technologies, charging costs, SC etiquette, and all that... but understand if it isn't going to happen!

4. danny

danny Administrator

Well we have 4 charging related tags already:
    1. Charging
    2. Charging Infrastructure
    3. Charging Standards
    4. Supercharging
    I worry adding more will unnecessarily complicate things, but I'm open to it.

5. bmah

bmah Obscure Member

What do the colors of the tags mean?

Bruce.

• Like x 1
  6. GoTslaGo

GoTslaGo Learning Member

I like colors...:)

7. danny

danny Administrator

So if you go to the tag search/navigation page here Tag Navigation Page | Tesla Motors Club you'll see that each tag section on the left side (such as Tesla or Community) have their own color. The reason for this is so that users can quickly identify the general category to which a given tag belongs. Tesla related tags are naturally red.

If anyone has any suggestions as to changing any colors or reorganizing those tag sections/categories, I'd love to hear. We're also open to adding any additional main tags. We can have child tags so space isn't too much of an issue.

• Helpful x 1
  8. GoTslaGo

GoTslaGo Learning Member

Can we get GREEN tags for the investor section? :) I happened to notice it has no tags...:(

• Like x 1
  9. danny

danny Administrator

There is a tag already for the investor section, it is red and it is called TSLA Investing.

10. GoTslaGo

GoTslaGo Learning Member

IMG_0097.PNG Where? Here's a picture of the General discussion thread (Where everyone on the investor section and their mother pipes in)--no tag up on top.

IMG_0098.PNG

Here's a picture of this section, blue "Site feedback"

I really think it should be Green...(investors like green, unless you're in China)

11. danny

danny Administrator

Ok, so the reason you don't see a tag yet there is that that thread in the Investors section was created before we implemented the autotagging functionality. the other thread that you mention was created after.

We will be applying the TSLA Investing tag to all existing threads in that forum, however we are trying to make sure we clear all bugs before going through that process as it's quite a bit of work, but I hope to do it in the coming weeks. In the meantime treat this tagging system as a beta product.

Regarding green, we choosing colors based on the categories that the tag best fits in. TSLA best fits in Tesla, so it gets red! :p

12. GoTslaGo

GoTslaGo Learning Member

Do you have an example to see how it looks? Just curious!

Also investors can be... superstitious... Red can be quite a loaded color. If not green, something else than red?