Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Defective gen 3 wall connector replaced... what to do w/ the old one?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla proactively identified that one of my Gen 3 Wall Connectors was failing (an "overheating" issue) and sent me a new one under warranty. I've swapped it out, but since I didn't originally purchase it from Tesla directly (it was a line item w/ the installer) they won't send me a shipping label for return. So what to do w/ it?

Tesla evidently doesn't want it and since it's been identified as faulty it shouldn't be used by anyone else... but are there folks that refurbish them or part them out that might want it? It's otherwise headed to an e-waste recycler nearby (if I can even find one).

Tesla proactively identified that one of my Gen 3 Wall Connectors was failing (an "overheating" issue) and sent me a new one under warranty. I've swapped it out, but since I didn't originally purchase it from Tesla directly (it was a line item w/ the installer) they won't send me a shipping label for return. So what to do w/ it?

Tesla evidently doesn't want it and since it's been identified as faulty it shouldn't be used by anyone else... but are there folks that refurbish them or part them out that might want it? It's otherwise headed to an e-waste recycler nearby (if I can even find one).
@wk057 might be interested.