Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Defective Tire Repair Kit. . .

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ordered the tire repair kit when I bought my car back in June. Haven’t had a need to use it until recently when my tire pressure showed slightly low. Broke out the kit and lo and behold, it won’t pump air into the tire. Luckily I have another pump I got off amazon that I was able to use to get my pressure back up.

What’s the over/under on getting them to replace this defective piece of crap? I say I have less than a 10% chance of getting a free replacement.

I received this PoC when I got the car (since in MD they are required to give you a pump). I used it for the first time a few months ago when it got cold, and it failed after inflating one tire. Have not been able to get it to power on since. I emailed the store customer service, and they said they couldn't help me since it was provided with the car. I emailed the service center that I picked up from, and never heard a response (which is pretty typical, unfortunately).

Instead, I used a bike pump to top off the tires the few PSI they'd dropped because of the cold. As a side benefit, it's good exercise!