TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Defective white seating material?

Discussion in 'Model S' started by Nitemare3219, Mar 7, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Nitemare3219

Nitemare3219 Member

Seems to be showing the same issues as this Model X thread: Are your Ultra White seats defective?

May 2017 build, 11K miles. Driver seat seems to be showing this (but not too bad... yet?), and maybe the armrests (just a little bit so far). Not inspiring for long-term ownership. Emailed service for their thoughts. My guess is this isn't going to be easy to get a replacement, and honestly, they'd have to replace all the seats and door panels to prevent it from happening years in the future to the rest of the seats (since they are rarely used).

Anyone else seeing this? I think it only affects certain production time-frame vehicles.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Mediocrates

Mediocrates Member

Yes, I've been having color transfer on the lower back, lower sides, and "scattered patch" like yours on the seat bottom.

Mine was an April 2017 delivery and I have about 13k miles.

You can see some of my pictures here: White Seats and Jeans...

3. Doctt

Doctt Member

It is just the way it is. Blue jeans color transfers. U will have the same problem in any light color leather. In fact, it is worse on leather

You should get a rubbing alcohol to clean it. Read the car menu. It shows u what to buy

I have the same white seat. I use alcohol to clean the seats (exactly same location as yours) every 2 weeks. Takes only 10 min. I am able to clean it pretty well. Not perfect but I have to look very hard to see the color.

Also, on the day I wear a new jean, I just put a small white towel on the edge of the seat. It helps avoid color transfers

4. Nitemare3219

Nitemare3219 Member

While I do have some blue dye transfer on the seats, the scattered gray dots are something different and are on both the upper and lower seat cushions, so it's obviously not from jeans.

5. pelargir

pelargir Member

These pictures look like actual wearing on the seats, not just color transfer. It's like the material is breaking down somewhat.