Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Defects in tint on Model 3 rear glass, anyone see this issue before?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I recently had my Model 3 rear glass replaced, and my tint shop has tried tinting that glass 10 times, and each time, defects are showing in the tint in the same locations.

Tesla is saying there’s nothing wrong with the glass, and that they can’t cover defects in the tint, even though the tint shop is using film from three different rolls and the same issues keep showing up.

Anyone else experience something like this?

46F76811-8F50-43D7-8DF6-7085AA303413.jpeg

Have they tried aggressively cleaning the glass? Possibly with a bit of polish. Dirt or something stuck on the glass could be causing that.

I don't like how Tesla always says things that are obviously not right are within spec. But I agree with Tesla on this one. If it looks OK un-tinted, it is not their problem aftermarket tint company is having problems.

Last edited:
Wow, I'm surprised that tint show was willing to do it 10 times. It's costing them a lot of labor and materials to do that for you, but that's great customer service!

The place I went to did my front windshield and refused to do it the 4th time, even though it was their fault, so I took it to another place and no issues on the first install.