TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Defining a Navigation Favorite

Discussion in 'Model S: User Interface' started by N4HHE, Oct 6, 2014.

1. N4HHE

N4HHE Member

I have failed to figure out how to do one of the most basic fundamental GPS things with my Model S: Save the current location in memory.

The manual says, "Add any destination to your list of Favorites by either touching its flag while navigating to it, or by displaying it on the map then touching its pin." The problem is there is no flag because I didn't route to this location and there is no pin because I can't describe the location to search. I simply want to mark the current location of my Model S. Is this possible?

2. iffatall

iffatall Member

No.

[sadly]

3. gmontem

gmontem Model S P01707

As a silly workaround, you can create a calendar event with your current location, and sync your Model S with your calendar, provided your car has FW 6.0 and a WP, iPhone, or Android smartphone.

4. N4HHE

N4HHE Member

Thats a good idea but for the fact I couldn't describe my current address well enough for Navigation to find.