Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Definitive included Slacker feature set?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just picked up the car 48 hours ago, loving it. Still trying to figure out what is in the definitive included Slacker feature set, what is not included, what would I get (in the MS itself) more if I paid for an upgrade to Slacker premium, and what would simply not be available because of the MS limitations on the Slacker UI? Have done multiple searches and read through many threads but it would be helpful to have a single definitive answer.

As far as I can tell, we get the following:
"Slacker Plus" with the addition of play song on demand.

So, I have a number of questions:

1. Play song on demand is limited to songs that Slacker can actually license (a large subset of all songs, but not everything). Questions: Is the set of songs available on demand:
a. Different than the set of songs that would be available by paying for premium?
b. If it is different, would the set of songs that is larger be available on the MS if I paid for the premium upgrade?
c. Is there a limit to the number of times that you can play a single song on demand in a given time period, and is this different if using Slacker Premium? Can I repeat a song (or an album, or a playlist)?

2. User Name and Password:
a. Can I retrieve the user name and password associated with the provided Tesla Slacker plus account, and is there any advantage in doing so?
b. Can I use it on the website from my computer in addition to using it in the car (for instance to create playlists)?

3. Playlists:
a.Is it possible to create playlists on the MS with the regular Slacker Plus account that comes with the car?
b.Is it possible to create playlists from my computer and retrieve them on the car with the included Slacer Plus model?
c. If (b) is impossible, I assume that it is possible to do this with an upgraded Slacker Premium account?

4. Slacker Premium: What would I get if I upgraded to a paid Slacker Premium account that I don't get with Slacker Plus? It's impossible to figure this out from the Slacker website as my understanding is that you can't actually use all of the listed Slacker Premium features on the MS because of UI issues, even if paid for.
a. Repeat song?
b. Play album (Not station, full album)?
c. Lyrics?
d. Playlists?
e. Other?

Honestly, there seems no way to figure this out without actually paying the Slacker Premium price and then trying it. Would be great if there was a sticky or something.

Thanks

Just picked up the car 48 hours ago, loving it. Still trying to figure out what is in the definitive included Slacker feature set, what is not included, what would I get (in the MS itself) more if I paid for an upgrade to Slacker premium, and what would simply not be available because of the MS limitations on the Slacker UI? Have done multiple searches and read through many threads but it would be helpful to have a single definitive answer.

As far as I can tell, we get the following:
"Slacker Plus" with the addition of play song on demand.

So, I have a number of questions:

1. Play song on demand is limited to songs that Slacker can actually license (a large subset of all songs, but not everything). Questions: Is the set of songs available on demand:
a. Different than the set of songs that would be available by paying for premium?
b. If it is different, would the set of songs that is larger be available on the MS if I paid for the premium upgrade?
c. Is there a limit to the number of times that you can play a single song on demand in a given time period, and is this different if using Slacker Premium? Can I repeat a song (or an album, or a playlist)?

2. User Name and Password:
a. Can I retrieve the user name and password associated with the provided Tesla Slacker plus account, and is there any advantage in doing so?
b. Can I use it on the website from my computer in addition to using it in the car (for instance to create playlists)?

3. Playlists:
a.Is it possible to create playlists on the MS with the regular Slacker Plus account that comes with the car?
b.Is it possible to create playlists from my computer and retrieve them on the car with the included Slacer Plus model?
c. If (b) is impossible, I assume that it is possible to do this with an upgraded Slacker Premium account?

4. Slacker Premium: What would I get if I upgraded to a paid Slacker Premium account that I don't get with Slacker Plus? It's impossible to figure this out from the Slacker website as my understanding is that you can't actually use all of the listed Slacker Premium features on the MS because of UI issues, even if paid for.
a. Repeat song?
b. Play album (Not station, full album)?
c. Lyrics?
d. Playlists?
e. Other?

Honestly, there seems no way to figure this out without actually paying the Slacker Premium price and then trying it. Would be great if there was a sticky or something.

Thanks
It's been a while so I don't have answers to many, but I CAN answer a few:

3. You must have a premium account to create playlists, and those can only be created/modified on a computer or tablet and then accessed in the MS, after logging on with your own Premium account ID and password.

This alone was worth it for me to upgrade, as I can also access those playlists from my phone at the gym, etc.